E.85 FUEL

• motor city 4
  • 2009 Ford Taurus

I put 13gallons of the above fuel by mistake my check engine light is on but not blinking, I have Mobil gas in tank as well how can I get it all out? Or should I burn it out?

Sunday, April 28th, 2013 AT 11:52 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Assuming it is the cause of the issue, burn it out.

What is the code?

Sunday, April 28th, 2013 AT 12:14 PM
  • motor city 4

I have it in garage I haven't taken it out will driving it cause damage or will it be best to pump it out? Is there anything I can add to it to help from creating a engine problem?

Sunday, April 28th, 2013 AT 12:18 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Drive it out.

Once again, I need the code

Sunday, April 28th, 2013 AT 12:26 PM
  • Randico

The 2009 Ford Taurus is not flex fuel, So if you decide to burn it out, Here is what will happen, The vehicle powertrain management can not handle it, What makes a flex fuel so different is all flex fuel vehicles has a fuel composition sensor which you do not have, So if you decide to use it you will have no power, yes the check engine light will appear as lean banks, Here is what will happen on the engine management side, The fuel trim pulse width injector will increase, The knock sensor will retard the timing, So no power on the streets. You can use this fuel it is suppose to be the future fuel. Who can not use this fuel is carburetor cars, And vehicle that require 92 octane. And by the way where did you purchase this fuel? And I call this the big lie fuel supply.

Sunday, April 28th, 2013 AT 12:41 PM
  • motor city 4

Roy thank you. I understand you need a code but im @ home its Sunday in Michigan my only concern was by burning it out will I do any damage? Or should I pump it out and start o vlosrver with a full tank.

Sunday, April 28th, 2013 AT 12:45 PM
  • motor city 4

Thanks randico, I got it at sunoco station I just want to know can pumping it out help? I runs good no power loss or knock I had fuel not E.85 in tank before adding e85.

Sunday, April 28th, 2013 AT 12:51 PM