2002 FORD TAURUS NO HEAT FROM HEATER

• Dave Clancy
  • 2002 FORD TAURUS

Heater problem
2002 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 64,000 miles

In sept I noticed I had no heat coming out of vents.I changed the thermostat with no results. I took it to the ford dealer and they said my heater core was plugged. I took it to a local auto repair near my home and $500 dollars later I have a new heater core, radiator flush and new antifreeze. Problem fixed."WRONG". Two days later I have no heat again. Took it back to repair shop and they said my heater core was clogged again. They flushed it again and said it was working. By the time I got home I had no heat. Took it back again and they said it plugged up again. They flushed radiator and put new antifreeze in again. Still no heat two days later. I put in another new thermostat with no results. The car does not over heat. The temp guage goes in the middle. All hoses in car heat up except one top hose going to heater core seems cold. All together I have about $600 invested and still no heat. All control knobs in car work. The blend door works. Water pump works. But no heat. Is there a place in the macomb county mich area that could help me with this problem before we are at 10 below zero

Monday, November 24th, 2008 AT 7:36 AM

• Shadowrose

My 2002 Ford Taurus is having the exact same problem as yours. All I have is cold air blowing out of the vents. I just spent $200 to get the blower motor fixed, I cannot believe I will have to spend a lot more money to just have working heat. I am in Michigan as well and it is freaking cold now and I have no heat. Did you end up finding out what was causing you to have no heat in your car?

PROBLEM SOLVE BELOW BY KEN

Friday, December 5th, 2008 AT 6:25 PM
  • Shadowrose

Ever since I got my blower motor fixed, I have only cold air blowing out of the air vents even after the car engine is warm. Prior to getting the blower motor fixed, there was heat but it was just not coming out of the vents.

+1
Friday, December 5th, 2008 AT 8:37 PM
  • BMRFIXIT

Check heater core hoses if both are hot, if not the heater core need to be flushed as a these are the steps

Engine cool

lower the coolant level

Locate the two hoses running to the heater core

disconnect them at the engine side leaving hoses connected to heater core throw the
firewall

use garden water hose and compressed air if possible

run the water and follow by air throw one side and out the other and vice versa

do that two to three times watching what leaving the heater core you are looking for

the good flow and clear water to run throw

reconnect hoses

top off coolant system

good luck let me know

+1
Saturday, December 6th, 2008 AT 6:19 AM
  • M_H_RITZEL

I agree with bmrfixit. Disconnect the hoses and put a short piece of hose on each end. Flush it back and forth until it cleans out. Something tells me that the hose are put on the wrong connection. The intake hose for the heater core should be on the bottom. That way the antifreeze will fill the heater core until it is full before returning to the engine. If hoocked up the other way the antifreeze will just go through the heater core and not give out any heat.. .

+1
Friday, December 11th, 2015 AT 11:33 AM
  • 2CarPros Ken

Hello Dave and others that have this problem,

What happens is the heater core gets filled with air or exhaust gases from slightly a blown headgasket.

Here to two guides that will fix the problem for you.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-heater-not-working

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/head-gasket-blown-test

Though it sounds like Shadowrose has has a blend door actuator that is unplugged therefor the temperature door will not swing to the heat side.

Here is a guide to help you with that.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

Please let us know happens so it will help others.

Best, Ken

Thursday, December 1st, 2016 AT 3:51 PM