2002 Ford Taurus 54,000 miles

KAHTLI
  • 2002 FORD TAURUS
When I turn the headlights on the dash light does not come on, but the hazard (signal arrow) lights do - (but don't blink). It has happened several times but when I took it to a mechanic, they of course worked perfectly. Please help - it's "driving" me crazy!
Thursday, July 5th, 2007 AT 7:52 PM

KAHTLI
No trailer light & I don't know what a DRL is - sorry - i've had this car 1 year - & I don't have an owner's manual - could be fuse? - The odd thing is that for no reason, the dash lights will come back on -
Thursday, July 5th, 2007 AT 9:24 PM
KAHTLI
Nothing done to the car - I just had an O2 sensor changed but that is after this started happening
Thursday, July 5th, 2007 AT 9:40 PM
KAHTLI
DRL - I would say no - becuase I don't know what that is - would that have been standard on this SE Taurus?
Thursday, July 5th, 2007 AT 9:46 PM
KAHTLI
They seem "normal" bright - the dash is really dark w/o that dash light! - My thoughts are - that it has to be something simple - like a fuse, but since I don't know enough about how they work - (would it die a slow death? Or just die and that's the end of that fuse) - could be a bulb? In all my many years driving many different cars I don't think I've ever had a dash light burn out (is that possible?) Could be wiring? It just started doing this out of the blue - since I just had it at the mechanic he hooked it up to the Car Computer God and other than the O2 sensor everything came back fine - since it didn't do it when the car was there, he couldn't solve a problem that didn't exist - mechanic thought that there might be wrong bulbs in place - but why would it wait 1 yr to start this mess?
Thursday, July 5th, 2007 AT 10:28 PM
KAHTLI
Sorry for time delay - so bottom line for ease of doing this - - buy front and rear signal bulbs so that I have them - then take one out - w/o replacing it - if no change then put that same bulb back in for all 4- if by taking it out and there is a change then c/b circuit board - if there is a change then you are thinking signal switch - is that correct?
Friday, July 6th, 2007 AT 5:49 AM
KAHTLI
I'll keep "y'all" posted -
Friday, July 6th, 2007 AT 7:46 AM
KAHTLI
Ok bottom line - faulty wiring - $109 usd - cha-ching!
Friday, July 6th, 2007 AT 5:42 PM
KAHTLI
Wiring. What a pain! But fixed now - thanks so much for the help - lk
Saturday, July 7th, 2007 AT 2:57 PM