1999 Ford Taurus heater, cruise, horn

JOHN MADER
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS
A year ago the heater quit heating and then the horn sounded funny and now just quit, and then the cruise went out. Fuses ok and a spring was replaced by a mechanic but still no cruise or heater or horn. Does the computer need to readjust itself and what do I do now? Thanks for any advice u can give me.
Wednesday, January 16th, 2008 AT 7:21 AM

BLACKOP555
Do you notice a air bag light also?
The clockspring assembly is where the electrical curents from the horn and the cruise control meet, and usually this is followed by the air bag light.

When you say no heater does the blower motor turn on or just no heat from the vents
Wednesday, January 16th, 2008 AT 12:29 PM
BLACKOP555
Also now that I think of it a little more you could also have a short in one of your horn wires, try running a wire directly from the fuse box to your horn relay. That could have been causing the weird sounding horn because the wire may be degrading. You could choose to rewire the whole horn and cruise system.

Post back if you need some more help or to update me.
Wednesday, January 16th, 2008 AT 2:50 PM
BLACKOP555
http://2carpros.com/forum/1999-ford-taurus-heater-vt90431.html?highlight=

John Mayder
"Thanks for answering so fast. Now where is the heater control valve and the blend door on the heater that I can check. The fans are blowing but no heat. Also the cruise and horn is still not working so I don't know what to do next. A mechanic replaced the spring clock. Also could the vacuum lines be the problem?"

First i will have you do a check for the heater core before you worry about the blend door and the heater control valve, i will tell you where they are at anyways. first get your vehicle at a warm operating temperature, then pop the hood and locate the heater core hoses, they go through the firewall, where they go through the firewall feel the hoses, tell me if one of them is hot and one warm or significantly cooler, if one is hot and one is cold, if neither are hot, or if both are hot.
Tell me what you find and well figure out what the heater problem is.

The heater control valve will not be found on your vehicle as there is none.

the blend door is located under the dash in the air ducts.

_________________________________________

next i will ask if you tryed running the wire from the fuse box to the horn relay yet? no airbag light on?
Wednesday, January 16th, 2008 AT 7:53 PM
BLACKOP555
And please reply to this topic not make a new one, you are lucky I found the one post you made!
Wednesday, January 16th, 2008 AT 7:55 PM