Fuel pump relay location

BAMA-BOY
  • 1998 FORD RANGER

Electrical problem 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 142000 miles

i was wondering if you could either email me a diagram or tell me which relay it would be that runs my fuel ump on my 98 ford ranger 3.0L (manual) because I was driving home the other day and my truck died on me. So I thought it was the fuel pump. I put a new one in and now my truck is not getting fuel to the engin at all. I checked the safe switch and that wasnt the problem. Me and my father have narrowed it down to either the relay or an inline fuse (if there is one). So if you could send me a labeled diagram or something that would be very helful.

Tuesday, May 26th, 2009 AT 11:20 AM

2CARPROS KEN

The fuel pump relay is located int he PDC under the hood. Here is a guide and a diagram (Below) that shows its location

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken

Monday, September 11th, 2017 AT 6:54 PM
RICKBOB40
  • 1998 FORD RANGER

1998 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 87,000 miles

ok, I identified the red wire at the relay socket. Tested it for pwr. We have keyed power at the red in fpr socket. >>>>>Thanks: Raz_._.Z >>w next.

Monday, September 11th, 2017 AT 6:58 PM (Merged)

Sorry Bud, hate to tell you this but you have a problem with the computer control of the fuel pump relay. Have the computer tested before you replace it.

JIM PRINCELL
  • 1998 FORD RANGER

Gas gauge stopped working. 3 days later acted like running out of gas stalled. Pump fuse good relay good no sound of pump by listening in tank. Bad fuel pump?

SATURNTECH9

You have to make sure there is power and ground at the fuel pump while cranking the engine before saying the pump is bad. Also that truck should have a interia switch that shuts the pump off incase of a accident.

SCOTTLONG627
  • 1998 FORD RANGER

1998 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 88500 miles

Car was runnning fine and than cranked for a bit before starting one day. Finally did and ran it for a few hours and than same thing. Finally started although stopped again later at it wouldnt start. Just cranks. Pulled fuel pressure regualtor loose and cranked but no fuel came out. Reconnected and pulled fuel filter and cranked, no fuel from tank. Not sure if any of this is a true diagnosis. Is it most likely pump, ecc, fuel relay, batt cable, etc

MERLIN2021

Check for power at the tank connector, pink/black I think! You want 12volts.

MSOUTHER
  • 1998 FORD RANGER

1998 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 150000 miles

i have 98 ford ranger that recently has started cutting off while driving. All the lights on the dash go off except for the battery light. After a couple of minutes it will crank up and run fine. I checked the trouble codes and got a p1506 which is for the iac valve. Cleaned it and truck idles better than ever but drove it about 2 miles and it cut off. Could iac valve be the problem if it is bad? Also told it could be the fuel pump or fuel pump relay, cam sensor, ignition module or a bad coil pack. Any suggestions?

BILLYMAC

Well the code for the iac basicly is only telling you that it can, t reach the desired idle. Which ofcourse it couldn't because it stalled. The fuel pump will cause the eng to shut of like this. But it will not cause all of your lights to go off or the guages that don't require the engine to be running. With all the lights going off it sounds like it is shutting the key off.

This could be a relay possibly eec relay that will be the brown relay fairly inexpensive.I would try that anyway