WON'T START

2002 Ford Mustang

gremvic

December, 7, 2009 AT 11:31 AM

2002 Ford Mustang 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 114000 miles

I have a 2002 Mustang Coup, V-6, Auto transmission, no after marked mods. It has been sitting for about 4 months. Two weeks ago I went out and started it. It took a few times but it started up. I let the engine idle for about 5 min then shut it off. Now it wont start at all. The battery has a good charge and it cranks over very easily but it just won’t fire. I’ve sprayed starter fluid in the in-take while turning it over and it will start up but dies right away. The gas tank is about half full. Also it is sitting on a slight slope – about 5 degrees. Any ideas on how to start this up? I’ve thought about tiring to push start it?

Jacobandnickolas

December, 11, 2009 AT 10:35 PM

If it starts with starting fluid, you're not getting fuel to the engine. If you are on a slope, can you get it to a flat surface? THere may not be enough gas in the tank to reach the pump. Also, I would recommend checking the fuel filter to see if something has plugged it. Finally, if everything is good, then you need to check if there is fuel pressure to the fuel rail. Here is a how to for checking it:

http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/how_to_check_fuel_pressure.htm

Let me know what you find or if you have other questions. Also, you will need a pressure gauge. Most parts stores will lend or rent one if you need it.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test