2002 Ford Mustang A/C Eliminator Kit Problem

INDEED
  • 2002 FORD MUSTANG
2002 Ford Mustang V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual

Hello all,

I recently installed an a/c eliminator kit and now my car won't start.

I removed the hose and two wires that fed into the compressor, and rewired the remaining wires back where they belong. I honestly have no idea why it isn't starting.

FYI, I installed a 93 octane performance tune previous to the a/c eliminator kit installation, but even after the tune it would still start. Don't know if this has anything to do with it or not.

The car was starting fine before the installation of the a/c eliminator kit, but now it is just turning without fire. Any ideas?
Monday, March 23rd, 2009 AT 3:18 PM

JAMES W.
Instincts tell me it's just coincidence it won't start. The ac modification should have nothing to do with it unless you unplugged something you're unaware of.
You need to check to see what is missing. Spark, fuel pressure or injector pulse. Or, any combination of the three. Also, check the connection on the crankshaft position sensor. Please advise.
Tuesday, March 24th, 2009 AT 5:29 PM
INDEED
James,

Thanks for the response. Here's the update:

I checked for spark and I'm getting it to light up on the right side when facing the engine, but the entire left side isn't getting any juice.

The wires that came from the left wiring harness, and to the a/c compressor plug into the block at the bottom left. Only two wires from this group went to the compressor, and I sealed those two wires off with electrical tape, and the other two wires are plugged back in. The connection though isn't snapping on because I broke the clip that holds it on tight, though I held it in tight when my brother tries to start it, and we still get no fire.

I'm getting fuel pressure, not sure how to check for the injector pulse, and am getting spark only on the right side of the engine. I'm not sure where to find the crankshaft sensor, I'll have to look that up.
Thursday, March 26th, 2009 AT 3:43 PM
INDEED
Ok, so I went to the salvage yard and got the wires with the connector, wired it up, plugged it in, and it fired up!

Turns out it was the connection on the bottom of the block that was preventing it from starting.

Thursday, March 26th, 2009 AT 6:22 PM
JAMES W.
Ya' done good. Anything else, you know where to find us.
Friday, March 27th, 2009 AT 12:17 AM