F150 LEFT RIGHT BANK RICH- WONT START

2001 Ford F-150

ajones623

April, 14, 2010 AT 4:32 PM

2001 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

my truck will not start. Check engine light came on the a couple days later it stolled out. Ive tried to start it for a couple days it would start then die. It now wont start. Diagnostic check says left right bank rich. Can left & right bank rich cause truck to not start? The battery is now dead from sitting but if I replace o2 sensors and jump start wll that fx the problem? Or is t something more serious?

obxautomedic

April, 14, 2010 AT 5:11 PM

A bad O2 sensor will not cause a no start or stalling problem.

Go ahead and charge up your battery. Either by using another vehicle with jumper cable or battery charger for about 30 minutes.

Then Disconnect the MAF and try starting the vehicle.

If starts and runs fine then replace the MAF.

Post result.

.

ajones623

April, 14, 2010 AT 5:37 PM

Thank you. A little more info when the car was runnng it seemed to not want to go past 3000 rpms while it was drivng then it stalled so I brought home and parked in garage and hasnt started since. Its been about 6 months I just didnt kno what to do. I bought computer and it said left right bank rich so I thought it was o2 sensors before I spent money to replace them I wanted to see if that would ause truck to not start. Im charging battery now where is MAF located. Can u please let me know so I can go remove t now and see if it starts. Thank you very much for your help. Its greatly apprecited.

obxautomedic

April, 14, 2010 AT 7:56 PM

The MAF is located in the air tube by the air filter.

.

ajones623

April, 15, 2010 AT 11:11 AM

Will a bad MAF cause the car to not start? Im trying to find it now. Is there a trick to removng it or does it just pull out? I dont want to break it. Thank you so much for your help. I cross my fingers it starts and ill definetly let you know. But until then can u let me know about my quetion just incase I havent figured out how to remove it.

obxautomedic

April, 15, 2010 AT 9:19 PM

Yes a bad MAF will cause a no start problem.

Ok, hereis the location for the MAF. Forgot Ford has placed them in Air Cleaner Housing Itself. And it should be the only electrical connection going to the air cleaner box.

And all you need to do is disconnect the eletrical connection.

.

ajones623

April, 18, 2010 AT 4:00 PM

Thank you very much I have the MAF disconnected have to get a new battery tomorrow so ill let you know I how I make out. Again thank you for your help

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang