Removal & Installation
Disconnect negative battery cable.
Drain cooling system.
Remove instrument panel.
See INSTRUMENT PANEL BELOW
disconnect heater hoses at heater core.
Remove A/C plenum demister adapter.
Disconnect vacuum line. Remove heater core bracket.
Remove 13 plenum assembly top screws and remove plenum top.
Remove temperature blend door assembly.
Remove heater core from plenum.
To install, reverse removal procedure.
Removal & Installation
1. Disable air bag system. If equipped with power seats, move seat fully rearward. Move manual transmission shift lever to 2nd gear (if equipped). Disconnect negative battery cable. Release mounting tabs on battery junction box and position box aside. From inside engine compartment, loosen bulkhead electrical connector retaining bolts, and disconnect connectors.
2. Remove bulkhead connector insulator. Unclip bulkhead electrical connectors from dash panel. Remove lower instrument panel steering column cover. Remove lower valance panel (if equipped). Disconnect blend door actuator and restraint control module electrical connectors. Disconnect vacuum harness from control panel.
3. Remove left and right side door scuff plates. Position door weatherstrip aside. Remove left and right side cowl side trim panels. Remove right side assist handle. Remove left and right windshield side garnish moldings. Disconnect brake on/off switch and clutch pedal position sensor connectors. Disconnect radio and Generic Electronic Module (GEM)/Central Timer Module (CTM) ground connections.
4. Disconnect 3 instrument panel main harness connectors. Remove instrument panel steering column opening cover support. Disconnect all electrical connectors from steering column. Remove 4 steering column support nuts and lower steering column. Remove instrument panels bolts through steering column opening. Remove instrument panel reinforcement bolt below left corner of cigarette lighter. Disconnect fuel inertia shut-off switch electrical connector.
5. Disconnect right side ground connections. Disconnect load leveling suspension wiring harness electrical connector. Release 4 wiring harness locators from right side of instrument panel. Disconnect heater control panel electrical connector.
6. Disconnect radio antenna cable and remove radio. Disconnect radio antenna lead-in cable from cable locators. Remove instrument panel relay cover. Open glove box and release both door stops. Remove passenger-side air bag module. Remove instrument panel bolts through passenger-side air bag module opening. Remove instrument panel bolt on relay bracket and under left side of glove box.
7. Remove instrument panel floor brace bolt. Remove instrument panel brace bolts and nut. Remove right and left side instrument panel cowl side nuts. Remove covers and remove instrument panel cowl top bolts. Remove instrument panel.
8. To install, reverse removal procedure. Align and position instrument panel with clips in sheet metal. Tighten steering column mounting nuts to 10-13 ft. Lbs. (13.5-17.6 N.M).
November, 17, 2008 AT 4:45 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for giving me some advise. That was a job that I never want to tackle again. Thank you again.
November, 17, 2008 AT 9:07 PM
Glad I was able to help
its 8 to 10 hr job & I don t think any one like to do such a job