1998 Ford Explorer



January, 15, 2006 AT 4:51 PM

My turn signal/hazard lights went out two days ago. I asked for advice and was told to replace the flasher. I bought one at Pep Boys(the guy at the desk gave me the one) and replaced the one in the truck. I'm assuming I replaced the correct part (it was located under the panel under the steering wheel in a little box with other square shaped plugs). THe new flasher was slightly larger than the old one (just the outer part, it plugged in fine), and I couldn't quite get the box closed, but when I turned the car on, I just heard a buzzing sound coming out from that location every 3 seconds or so, and the signal lights still didn't come on. Was this the correct part to replace? Should I buy an original part from the Ford dealership? Should I be looking at another part? Any advice would be appreciated.


3 Answers



January, 16, 2006 AT 1:59 PM

Where does the owners manual show it is located?



January, 16, 2006 AT 3:16 PM

I am not sure but I don't think a 1998 for explorer has a flasher I think it's all solid state now. I may be wrong though I do agree check the owners manual for it's location



January, 17, 2006 AT 1:54 AM

You know, I could not find anything about the flasher in the manual, and I couldn't locate any of those Haynes books at Pep Boys. I had heard that it was located under the the dash beneath the steering column, and what I replaced sure looked like the flasher I got at Pep Boys, and the guy behind the counter punched up the info on the computer and what he gave me was what came up on the computer, so.

Please login or register to post a reply.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Fog Light Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper