ASB LIGHT ON DASHBOARD

Ford Explorer

couchbum

May, 23, 2007 AT 1:27 AM

I own a 2000 Ford Explorer (sport) 4X4 automatic transmission. My SUV has 55,000 miles and the ASB light on the dashboard just went on and wont go off. There is no difference in my braking. My brakes work fine. I had new front brake pads put in at 36,000 miles and new back brake pads put in at 45,000 miles. I've checked the brake fluid level and it's fine. I've heard the brake lights may effect the ASB light. I've checked the brake lights and they work. Signal and running lights work fine. What could be the problem? I really don't want to go to Ford and for $150.00 they tell me it's something simple. Ugh!

Cheryl

Rudpro

May, 23, 2007 AT 2:38 AM

There should be a sensor on the rear differential. That's a common problem that makes the ABS light come on. I believe there is a sensor at the rear wheel also, but it's usually the one on the differential that goes bad. I think it's pretty cheap, around $25.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Cabin Air Filter Replacement