Fuse location

WESTMORE87@YAHOO.COM
  • 2002 FORD EXPLORER
I need to find the fuse for the cigarette lighter in order to charge my cell when I travel. I have found the fuse box but it does not seem to be in it. Help.
Sunday, November 16th, 2008 AT 2:07 PM

DAVE H
The fuse you want is F2.24 in the central fuse/junction box. Central junction box is located on driver's side end of instrument panel. See Fig. 4 . Here is the full fuse panel for your car and a guide to help you check them:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
+2
Sunday, November 16th, 2008 AT 9:11 PM
WORM05
  • 2003 FORD EXPLORER
I need to replace relay 19 from my rear relay box. The manual says it is located on the rear passenger side in the quarter panel trim. Can you help me find this? I have searched the entire rear area with no luck!
+2
Saturday, August 25th, 2018 AT 6:25 PM (Merged)
BMRFIXIT
Relay is on rear left (driver side).

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_03_exp_1.jpg

+4
FLORESANA6
  • 2003 FORD EXPLORER
Hi, I was wondering if you guys can give me an idea as to what the problem with my SUV might be? Yesterday my car was actually working fine but when I was running some errands and got in my car it did not want to start at all. At first I thought it was the battery but that was not the case. Later on I opened the fuse box that is located inside the hood and just pushed down on the fuses thinking that maybe one of them was popped out or something. You see I would turn the key and it would not even start or make any starting noise. The lights on the panel came on and so would my alarm but other than that it was completely dead. Then I placed the gear on neutral and the car started. After that I turned it off and on and later tried it on the park gear and it would start. But I am confused as to why it did that. Can it be something electrical in the transmission maybe that is not functioning or can it also be my stereo that is causing a wire malfunction? I have been having issue with the stereo as well, at times it will not shut off or it freezes or feels really hot and I cannot even change the stations or anything.
DOCFIXIT
Most likely have a faulty neutral safety switch and when you placed in neutral it made contact and started.
+1