2004 Ford Explorer fuses?

LINDSEYMG
  • 2004 FORD EXPLORER
  • AWD
My dash lights and tail lights went out at the same time. We replaced a fuse and the tail lights are working now. The dash lights don't work still. We are unsure we know where the correct fuse is located. Also, we put a fuse in where one was blown and a burning smell came out but no lights went on
Friday, January 4th, 2008 AT 6:38 PM

FISHERMAN
Hello !

Well if a fuse blown its because a high load or short circuit, tell me which fuses were blown (number amperes and location) and I ll pull out an schematic to see which circuit are feeding.

Let us Know to continue.

Good Luck!
Friday, January 4th, 2008 AT 7:25 PM
LINDSEYMG
That's the problem. I am car stupid and I there are so many fuses I can't tell which one it is. I found one fuse blown just by checking each one and replaced it but that didn't work. Should I just check each one and then let you know? I really just wanted a chart to show which fuse it would be so that I could see if it's the fuse or something else

Let us Know to continue.

Good Luck![/Quote]
-2
Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 AT 2:07 PM
FISHERMAN
The fuse box has a number on each fuse printed, but don t worry! I will post an schematic of the fuse box and location as soon as I get home 4PM Pacific time.

And we will start from there!

Have a nice day!
Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 AT 2:33 PM
FISHERMAN
Hello Again ..

The dashboard lights are feed by the same fuse that feeds the exterior lights looks like you have a short wire somewhere...
here s part of the diagram, if you need it complete let me know and I will send it to your email.

Good Luck!

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/576_01_2.jpg

+1
Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 AT 7:30 PM