HOW TO RESET A FUEL PUMP SHUT OFF SWITCH

RONAVISH
  • FORD CROWN VICTORIA

I own a 1997 crown victoria 4.6L police intercepter squad car and I need to know how to reset the fuel pump shut off switch mannually. The car has been sitting awile and I have replaced the plugs and put fuel in. It cranks but doesn't start, there's plenty of spark, all fuses are ok but, like the other person, I too shot a little either into it and it fired up but didn't stay running. I couldn't hear the pump spinning as I was the only person working on it so it's impossible for me to listen for the spinning of the fuel pump.I believe either the fuel pump relay switch is bad or the fuel pump is bad, however I did something really stupid, I found the shutoff switch and I depressed the red button and now I don't know how to pop it back up also, does anybody know how to drop the gas tank so I can replace the fuel pump if it needs to be replaced? Thank you for listening to my long drawn out questions. :Oops:

Friday, November 30th, 2007 AT 2:52 AM

2CARPROS KEN

The inertia switch is in the trunk on the left side. There is a button on the top, press down! That's the normal position, to remove the tank you need to jack the car up high enough to get under the rear, between the axle and the tank you will see two threaded rods, undo these unplug all wires and lines and remove!

Do this with 1 or 2 gallons. The pump relay is under the hood in the power distribution box.

Here are some diagrams and guides to help you get the job done and put you back on the road.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-an-electric-fuel-pump

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers, Ken

Friday, September 29th, 2017 AT 2:05 PM
ASGPRES
  • 2000 FORD CROWN VICTORIA

2000 Ford Crown Victoria V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

Cannot get car to start noram, can put a jumper box to the fuel pump, car starts. Unsure where the inertia switch is to test it.

Saturday, September 30th, 2017 AT 4:19 PM (Merged)
BMRFIXIT

Its in the trunk on the side
check it out

-1