1997 Ford Contour misfire

CARL123
  • 1997 FORD CONTOUR
1997 Ford Contour 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a code that says misfire on two so I put new plugs, plug wires, crank senser, cam senser. Checked compression it was to spec, checkedfuel pressure it was good, checked vacume it was low but steady(16")took injector rail out and crank engine to see if injector was spraying it was took plug out and check to see if it fired it goes, but it still codes mis on two. Loked for vacume leak did not find any it only misses on two.
Saturday, April 24th, 2010 AT 12:41 PM

IF you have compression, fire, and fuel, it should be find. Are you getting a good hot blue snapping spark to the plug?

Also, can you feel the misfire while driving? When you removed the plug was it wet or does it appear to be firing properly?
-1
Saturday, May 1st, 2010 AT 3:30 PM
CARL123
I have a good spirk, it misses at speed one thing, my son started looking for breathing problems so he took the exhaust manafold off and he found that number two cyclinder has more exhaust gas comeing out the port then the other three. I dont know if that means anthing.
Thursday, May 6th, 2010 AT 7:43 PM
Do you mean when it's running? Does it run any different when it's off? Also, how was he able to tell? Did he check engine compression? That is the only thing I can think of is the compression is higher in that cylender, but that would be hard to tell through the exhaust.

Let me know.
Thursday, May 6th, 2010 AT 9:36 PM
CARL123
He checked compression before he removed the manifold but not with it off, it does seem to run a little better with it off, he checked it by putting his hand in front of the port before it got to hot and there was more gas pressure comeing out of the number to port then the other three. The gasses comeing out of the number two port got hot so I know that number two plug is fireing but I guess not all the time or not at the rite time. He checked the timeing belt and looks good and tight so he did not think it jump tooth. The plug looks wet
Saturday, May 8th, 2010 AT 5:50 PM
If the plugs are wet, then they are not firing but for what reason.

Could you provide me with the compression readings he got?
Saturday, May 8th, 2010 AT 7:37 PM
CARL123
First I don't know if that was a type-o but the plugs are not wet, just the number two plug. My son and I both ran a hand over the exshaust ports while the car was running and the difference of gasses comeing out of #2 was noticably more. The compression ran from 172-176 with #2 being 176.I am wondering if this could be a lifter problem.
Thursday, May 13th, 2010 AT 7:55 PM
You mentioned that the plug looked wet in the prior posting. The only thing I can say is that the spark isn't hot enough.
Friday, May 14th, 2010 AT 7:18 AM