SHIFT SOLENOID RELAY

• Shamanbmxer
  • 1997 DODGE RAM

My truck is a V8 four wheel drive with an automatic transmission.
Where is the shift solenoid relay located?

Tuesday, March 30th, 2010 AT 6:55 PM

• Docfixit

Hi, there is no solenoid relay solenoids are controlled for shifting by TCM. There is a Transmission Control Relay in Power Distribution Center. What is problem?
Let me know.
Thanks for donate

-3
Thursday, April 1st, 2010 AT 10:52 AM
  • Shamanbmxer

The truck will not shift into fourth nor first gear. Only has second and third. The code it is throwing is p0753 and the mechanic that pulled the code said the computer said shift solenoid relay which I have found out is aka the governor solenoid. A tech at Aamco transmissions told me the same today. And also said he thinks its in the transmission pan. Thank you.

+3
Friday, April 2nd, 2010 AT 2:31 AM
  • Docfixit

Yes P0753 is an open or short in Governor solenoid/relay
see diagram it is located on valve body. Check wirirng and connector wiggle test before droping pan.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/198357_Graphic_427.jpg

+8
Friday, April 2nd, 2010 AT 1:50 PM
  • Shamanbmxer

Well I replaced the governor solenoid and filter while I was there and not only did it not fix the problem, but now it seems worse. The truck now can barley make it up the slight slope of my driveway. Now I really do not know what to do. Thank for the information on the solenoid.

+1
Monday, April 5th, 2010 AT 10:44 AM
  • 2CarPros Linsey

Hi shamanbmxer, I just wanted to see where you were with your dodge, did you resolve your transmission issue? Let us know.

Friday, April 9th, 2010 AT 11:43 AM
  • Shamanbmxer

No I have not, it is still sitting in my driveway. After replacing the governor solenoid and filter and new fluid to replace what was in the pan it got worse not better. Now the truck will barely move and I think I need to have the transmission rebuilt.

Friday, April 9th, 2010 AT 5:22 PM
  • Docfixit

Was there clutch material ie. Dark pieces or slug? Any bronze or silver particals in pan? Check brown wire on solenoid plug for voltage

+1
Monday, April 12th, 2010 AT 9:56 AM
  • Shamanbmxer

There was quite a bit of sludge in the pan and the transmission fluid was very dark with like silver floating on top.

+1
Wednesday, April 14th, 2010 AT 3:25 PM
  • Docfixit

Okay, rebuild needed.

Thursday, April 15th, 2010 AT 7:58 AM
  • 1999dodgeramin

Hello I have the exact same problem with my 1999 dodge ram 1500 5.2 only I have no sludge nor shavings whatsoever in the pan and fluid is great color I checked brown wire and have no power ( key off, key on, and key on truck in drive) I am stumped it seems as though the transmission relay is good I am lost as to where to hit next please help.
Thank you. 1999ramin

-1
Friday, June 14th, 2013 AT 10:58 PM