97 WILL TURN OVER BUT NO SPARK OR

1997 Dodge Ram

acbjr22

February, 21, 2009 AT 3:59 PM

1997 Dodge Ram V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 300000 miles

I have a 97 dodge ram 5.9 L with auto trans. I have a new ECM and have run a wire to test the fuel pump cutting on and that works when I ran the jumper. I turn on the switch and all the nor. Lights come on but not the engine light. I try to start the truck and I get on spark and no fuel pump running does anyone know what the problem is.

February, 21, 2009 AT 4:19 PM

Test the ASD relay or swap it and see what happens-This relay powers the coil, injector and fuel pump relay then to the fuel pump.

acbjr22

February, 21, 2009 AT 10:06 PM

I have checked and swapped the relay out with 2 others that work and still nothing it is like the computer is not responding but I know it works because I have a 96 dodge ram and it starts it right up. The truck ran fine and I was about to have it taken down to the trans shop for some work on the trans I went out to test the trans out it wouldnt start. The old computer that was in it stopped working and I pulled the one out of the 96 and put it in there and left it at the trans shop and they tried to work on it and got it back in the same shape as I dropped it off just with the 96s computer not working either. So I will only hook up the new computer for a test on the start when I get a idea of what it might be. I am getting 12V to the red and white wire on the computer and a ground on the black and white wire so I am lost

February, 21, 2009 AT 10:51 PM

Check fuse no.9 10amp in the fuse block if its blown

acbjr22

February, 22, 2009 AT 9:22 AM

I have checked all the fuses and they are all good

February, 22, 2009 AT 2:04 PM

I try to start the truck and I get on spark and no fuel pump running

Which one are you missing fuel or spark or both?

acbjr22

February, 22, 2009 AT 7:19 PM

Nothing no spark and no fuel and no check engine llight when I turn the key on

February, 23, 2009 AT 8:54 AM

Check fuse no.4 30amp in the power distribution center if okay-you to have the computer controlled of the auto shutdown relay circuit tested.

acbjr22

February, 23, 2009 AT 3:48 PM

I guess you didnt read I have checked all fuses and switched out the relays. I have always fixed my own cars and trucks so I know how to check all the simple stuff and I have done all of it even as far as changing out the O2 sensors and the map, crank, and cam sensors. Has new wiring harness but still nothing

February, 23, 2009 AT 3:53 PM

Do this check for power at the coil and injectors dark green and orange wire-let me know-what am trying to do here is nail the computer controlled of the ASD relay report back asap

acbjr22

February, 23, 2009 AT 3:58 PM

Nothing

Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Ignition System Test Guide
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz