95 BRAKE LIGHTS OUT

1995 Dodge Neon

afortiori712

May, 19, 2006 AT 9:11 AM

I have a '95 Dodge Neon with 90K miles. The brake lights have recently stopped working. This happened once before and a friend who's a tech looked at it and said it was the switch. He got it to work again, but he is unavailable to look at it currently. I know I need to replace the switch, but I don't know how. Do you know approx. How much it would cost if I took it to a shop for repair? Thanks!

vandragon

May, 19, 2006 AT 10:49 AM

Check your fueses first. If you don't know where to look take it to autozone, they are all experenced.
The switch should be behind the brake pedel near the top of the arm going up under the dash. It's just a push button that the arm hits when the brakes are hit. It's no big deal to replace, just take a good look at it. It may be a snap-in or just one screw holding in place. Just make sure you get the wires back on the correct connectors. At a shop the cost would hurt your feelings.

afortiori712

May, 19, 2006 AT 3:55 PM

I checked the fuses. There actually isn't even one for the brake lights so that rules it out. I'll try autozone and make sure a shop is my last resort.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy