2005 DODGE NEON CAM SHAFT POSITION SENSOR

• bhall1331
  • 2005 Dodge Neon

2005 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

I have replaced the camshaft sensor four times in less than six months. Just last week the engine light came on again and it was replaced again under the warranty I got with the part. Now a week later I pulled out of my driveway today and the engine light came on, and the car is doing the same thing it did last week symptoms of a camshaft sensor. We put it on the OBDII scanner that we have and it read camshaft position sensor (P0344). Also sometimes lately my car will not start in park but it will start in neutral. Please help? What could be causing these brand new sensors to go bad? Could it be the crankshaft position sensor? We have checked the wiring it seems to be fine.

Thursday, October 16th, 2008 AT 10:07 PM

• Jack42

Yes it is possible that the crank sensor is doing it. Sometimes if the PCM sees a bad correlation between the two, it will give a code that is a little off track. Also sounds liek you may have a bad neutral safety switch, or trans position sensor, which ever they are calling it on your car

Thursday, October 16th, 2008 AT 10:23 PM
  • bhall1331

Thanks so much. I have a friend that is coming over sometime this week who works at a dealership as a mechanic. So hopefully we can figure out whats going on. He also mentioned some type of magnet, are you aware of what he could be talking about?

Thursday, October 16th, 2008 AT 11:05 PM
  • Jack42

Not right off hand. I would be interested to know what he is talking about though

Thursday, October 16th, 2008 AT 11:26 PM
  • bhall1331

I believe maybe he said it could have been an interupter magnet. I am not 100% sure though. I will get back to you and let you know for sure.

Thursday, October 16th, 2008 AT 11:39 PM