ROUGH IDLE

2001 Dodge Intrepid

frank reinhardt

April, 13, 2010 AT 9:28 PM

2001 Dodge Intrepid 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80,000 miles

I have a 2001 dodge intrepid with a 2.7l, and I just had the water pump replaced. Prior to that it would run rough very little and the engine light would flash on. Now it will start and the idle will come up as usual but when it comes down it idles real rough and it will not go over 3000 rpm, you can't drive the car at all because it will stall.I have replaced all the coil packs, the spark plugs, air idle control motor, throttle position sensor, and ignition switch. Is it possible that it could be the fuel pump or something like a sensor or relay. Any help would be great

thanks
Frank

2001DODGERT

April, 14, 2010 AT 7:27 AM

I have a 2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T with a 3.5L and 68,000 miles. I just had the trans rebuilt when I got her home I went inside for a few mins then went to go out and she started and was running rough until she just shut off and wouldnt start. Once I got her started she ran rough. I took her back to the trans shop and they ended up having to change the Crank Shaft Sensor and now she runs fine.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Cylinder Head Valve Job Guide
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8