NO POWER TO MY COIL

• Colty045
  • DODGE DAKOTA

The coil on my 97 dakota is getting no power and I cant figure out why all my relays and fuses same like they are good but still I can get any power to my coil to get my truck to fire

Thursday, May 18th, 2006 AT 11:58 AM

• Losone

For us to be able to assist you, it is absolutely necessary for you to include the make, model, year and mileage of your car. (And tranny)

Explain no kind of power to the coil. 12v or no spark out of the coil? And how do you know, have you tested it with a meter?

+1
Thursday, May 18th, 2006 AT 5:17 PM
  • Colty045

A Dodge Dakota SRT 1997 96,000 miles with no power leading into the coil where I should have 12 volts I get 0.005 on my multimeter

+1
Thursday, May 18th, 2006 AT 8:28 PM
  • Losone

Power to your coil comes directly from your SBEC )single board engine controller). It could be an auto shut doen relay. Check the voltage on the dark blue wire of you alternator with the key on. Let me know

Friday, May 19th, 2006 AT 8:24 AM
  • Colty045

I dont have dark blue wire going to my alternator I have dark green and dark green with black both showed zero

Friday, May 19th, 2006 AT 11:45 AM
  • Losone

Sounds like the auto shut down relay isn't on. It is also turned on by the SBEC. Either it is bad or the SBEC. It is in the engine compartment and with a breather hose running to it. It also houses the voltage regulator and is a high failure item. Good luck

Friday, May 19th, 2006 AT 5:40 PM
  • Colty045

Are you talking about the auto shutdown relay or the sbec with the breather hose cause I checked the relay with a meter it is fine and my sbec only has wires going to it

Friday, May 19th, 2006 AT 7:41 PM
  • Losone

The auto shut down relay is activated by the SBEC. If the relay was energized you would have power to your coil and alternator and 12v side of your fuel injectors.

Saturday, May 20th, 2006 AT 7:56 AM