TRUCK STALLS OUT.

1998 Dodge Dakota

Kemmy

April, 17, 2010 AT 6:17 PM

1998 Dodge Dakota 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 188 miles

Hey so my Dakota keeps stalling out. No matter what you are doing you could be going around a corner and it shuts off. To idling in the driveway. The truck will sometimes not do it for 5-7 days and then randomly it wont start. I have replaced the Master Coil, Cat converter, H2 Sensor, and battery. What could be causing the problem? Btw its 188 KM/s Not miles

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jacobandnickolas

April, 18, 2010 AT 2:44 PM

Has the check engine light come on?

Kemmy

April, 18, 2010 AT 2:52 PM

Yes the check engine comes on. We think. The check engine light has been covered with tar.

Jacobandnickolas

April, 18, 2010 AT 3:02 PM

If the light comes on, take the vehicle to a nationally recognized parts store and have them scan the computer for codes. Most stores will do it for free.

Let me know what you find.

Kemmy

April, 19, 2010 AT 1:57 AM

We have taken it into dodge dealerships all over and they cant ever figure out what is wrong with it.

Jacobandnickolas

April, 19, 2010 AT 6:33 AM

It sounds frustrating. However, if the light is on, there is a good chance a trouble code will show when the computer is scanned. From that, I would be better able to help you.

Let me know.

Kemmy

April, 21, 2010 AT 12:34 AM

Well for your future reference the trucks Fuel Pump was shot. And the timing was off by a little hence why when I would slow down truck would stall out. Truck is now sold fixed her up nice got 6 grand for her : )