1999 Dodge Caravan motor dies out

BGROVES
  • 1999 DODGE CARAVAN
Driving on the highway 60 mph motor will die out, it will restart, could be on the street going 30 mph does the same thing. Took to a repair shop they changed the fuel pump, drove 3 blocks did the same thing, repair shop said they showed a bad fuel pump. Any answers? ThanksI would donate I am a retired navy vetern. Have no way of donateing sorry.
Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 AT 12:37 PM

CH112063
Do you know the code. Probably none, if that is so, it may be an engine run sensor. The crank or cam sensor can sometimes shut off, and not throw a code.
I'll help you. What specific code showed up to cause the fellows to install a pump and filter? Which engine, 3.3? When this happens and there is no code the scan may not be picking it up. It is a question of how expensive or when the scanned code appears. Your moneys no good for me. Just your help is my pay. These men are the ones you thank who created the site. We get off on helping people, not money out here in Dodge world. Ok Sir
Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 AT 10:16 PM
BGROVES
JOE,
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME. HERE ARE THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTONS.
1 NO CODE WAS SHOWING?
2 DON'T KNOW WHAT CODE WAS SHOWING FOR THEM TO CHANGE THE FUEL PUMP, THEY SAID ON THERE MACHINE THAT THE FUEL PUMP SHOULD BE CHANGED!I DON'T KNOW IF THE FILTER WAS CHANGED?
3 MY ENGINE IS 3.3
BOB
Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009 AT 12:19 PM
CH112063
You are feeling the problems that occur when a van like yours does this, if you need any advice about anything just let me know. You cannot replace a fuel pump, and expect to have good fuel pressure. Maybe sometimes, but not a 'Dodge'. Its plastic comes apart and gets swtuck in the filter, this can cause the new pump to fail.
Friday, December 11th, 2009 AT 7:49 PM