1996 Dodge Caravan lots and lots of problems!

ILLINOX
  • 1996 DODGE CARAVAN
My brother in law took my van down to disneyland and when he came back, my AC/heater no longer worked. It doesn't even blow the air from outside. We changed the relay, changed the fuses, grounded a battery and tested the motor, it still ran, just no AC/heater. About 6 months ago, my horn and cruise control stopped dead and don't work anymore.

someone help please! Winter time is around the corner, I can't drive my kids in a frozen van!
Thursday, October 28th, 2010 AT 1:31 AM

With the heater on and the engine running at operating temp, do both heater core hoses get hot?
Friday, October 29th, 2010 AT 9:25 AM
ILLINOX
I wouldn't even know that, can you give me directions on how to check that?
Friday, October 29th, 2010 AT 9:59 AM
Not a problem. If you look along the firewall of the engine compartment, you will see where two rubber heater core hoses (aprox 1" OD) attach on the firewall. They are attached to the heater core. If the core is plugged, only one of the hoses will be hot and the other warm. Let me know what you find and don't be afraid to ask questions. That is why we are here.
Friday, October 29th, 2010 AT 10:46 AM
ILLINOX
Can you tell me exactly where to find it? I've been looking for diagrams all morning to locate it but I just can't seem to find it. Do you have any other suggestions for me to look at as possible culprits?
Friday, October 29th, 2010 AT 3:58 PM
You should find it on the driver's side behind the ABS actuator. This is the best picture I could find.
Monday, November 1st, 2010 AT 12:08 PM
ILLINOX
There's no picture attached
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010 AT 2:13 AM
Sorry, I didn't realize. The format won't allow me to upload it. Check where I mentioned to see if you can find the 2 black hoses and let me know.
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010 AT 7:32 AM