If it starts briefly with starting fluid, the engine isn't getting fuel. First, check fuel pump pressure. Here is a link that shows how that is done:
Also, there is a fuel pump relay that is located behind the instrument panel. Check that. Here is a link that shows how to test one:
Also, check fuse 17 in the under hood fuse box. See picture 1
If the fuse is good, the relay is good, and there is no fuel pressure or it is very low, my first suspect is the pump. Here are the directions for replacement. The remaining pics correlate with the directions:
1999 Nissan-Datsun Sentra GXE L4-1597cc 1.6L DOHC MFI (GA16DE)
Removal and Installation
Vehicle Powertrain Management Fuel Delivery and Air Induction Fuel Pump Service and Repair Procedures Removal and Installation
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
1. Release fuel pressure.
Refer to "Fuel Pressure Release", "BASIC SERVICE PROCEDURE".
2. Remove rear seat back and bottom.
3. Remove inspection hole cover located under the rear seat.
4. Disconnect fuel tubes and electrical connectors.
5. Remove the six screws.
6. Disconnect fuel tubes and connector, then remove fuel gauge assembly.
7. Remove fuel pump with chamber.
a. Pull up the front of the chamber.
b. Slide chamber forward.
8. Remove fuel pump from chamber.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.
- Tighten bolts to specified torque.
With Tightening Torque: 2.0 - 2.5 Nm (0.20- 0.26 kgm, 17.4 - 22.6 in.lb)
- Always replace O-ring with a new one.
Let me know what you find or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Monday, November 18th, 2019 AT 8:34 PM