CABIN AIR FILTER

2007 Chrysler Town and Country

Jack in the beanstalk

May, 28, 2010 AT 7:50 PM

Interior problem
2007 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 30000 miles

I lost my manual. The dealer says the cabin air filter needs replacing, so I can do it much cheaper. Question is : where is it located and how do I go about replacing it?

May, 28, 2010 AT 8:46 PM

REMOVAL
Air Filter Door Typical

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_caf_7.jpg

1.Locate the air filter door on the bottom of the lower front HVAC housing just outboard of the passenger side of the instrument panel center stack.
2.Slide the air filter door latch toward the rear of the vehicle until it engages the opened stop on the door.
3.Pull the air filter door straight downward to disengage it from the air filter opening of the HVAC housing.
4.Use your fingers to reach through the air filter opening of the HVAC housing far enough to grasp the air filter.
5.Pull the air filter straight down and out of the HVAC housing.

INSTALLATION
NOTE: The particulate air filter is labeled with "Airflow" and an arrow to indicate air flow direction through the filter. This arrow should always be oriented towards the center of the vehicle. Make sure to properly install the particulate air filter. Failure to properly install the filter will result in the need to replace the filter sooner than required by design.

1.Install the filter fully upward into the HVAC housing through the air filter opening with the "Airflow" arrow oriented towards the center of the vehicle.
2.With the latch still positioned against its opened stop, install the air filter door onto the lower HVAC housing air filter opening.
3.Slide the air filter door latch toward the front of the vehicle until it contacts the closed stop on the door.

http://www.2carpros.com/kpages/auto_repair_manuals_alldata.htm

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue