WATER INSIDE THE CABIN

2003 Chrysler Town and Country

reidsworld

December, 11, 2007 AT 2:01 PM

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Chrysler Town and Country V6 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 212000 miles

My Chrysler Town & Country has water on the carpet on the passenger side. I removed the floor mat and carpet and there is mildew starting to grow. I pulled the cabin filter out and it isn't very dirty and is dry. I want to check the air conditioning drain but have no idea where it is. Do you think this may be the prob
lem? If so where is it and how to clean it?

Thanks Reid Davis

merlin2021

December, 11, 2007 AT 2:19 PM

This could actually be one of three problems
1.) Make sure it's not sticky, and smell of old antifreeze. Could be the heater core leaking!
2.) Could be the A/C drain just as you suspect.
3.) Could be the rain hat, The rain hat is the plastic piece that the cabin filter sits in. Sometimes it will leak through the gasket between it and the cowl.
I recommend you remove the under dash panel, use a flashlight, and see if you can see water up near the air intake area. If it's dry up there and no smell of antifreeze, then it is the A/C drain, you can confirm it by running the a/c and see if it drains out under the passenger front side of the van. If it is the a/c drain, you either have to jack it up so you can get under were the a/c plenum is, get a section of coathanger and GENTLY ream out the drain part near the firewall.
If you go in too far you can puncture the evaperator core of the a/c.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe