2003 CHEVY TAHOE AIRBAG LIGHT ON

• hrivera2003
  • 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe

2003 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 97,000 miles

i recently had the "service airbag" light come on. i was going to take the truck to a mechanic to get that fixed but when i was cleaning it out to do so i found a part that has the same symbol for the airbag and it looks like something electrical. i have a part number and i was wondering if i could just put it back on myself but i just cant find where it goes... the part number is 15188374.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/522620_DSCN9202_1.jpg

Friday, April 30th, 2010 AT 11:08 AM

• mmprince4000

I don't have a cross reference or interchange to GM parts, so check with GM parts dept.
If you can't find it repost and I will investigate further.
You can also call local parts stores and ask them to type the GM part number into their interchange software to get part ID.

You should first get the codes read from the diagnostic port, Air Bags set a " B" body code.

You always want a professional to work on an airbag system, accidental deployment can be very dangerous, as well as expensive.

Saturday, May 1st, 2010 AT 9:34 AM