I HAVE A SERVICE AIRBAG SYSTEM LIGHT ON

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

Donss396

February, 17, 2013 AT 7:52 PM

I have a "SERVICE AIRBAG SYSTEM" LIGHT ON. Code# u0073. Any ideas.

February, 17, 2013 AT 7:59 PM

DTC U0073 72
Control Module Communication Bus Off Alive Counter Incorrect

CIRCUIT/SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
The high speed GMLAN serial data circuits are high speed serial data buses used to communicate information between the control modules. Typical data transmission speeds must be high enough to ensure that a required real-time response is maintained. The high speed GMLAN serial data circuits also connect directly to the data link connector (DLC).

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC

Supply voltage to the modules are in the normal operating range.
The vehicle power mode requires serial data communications.
CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
The module setting the DTC has attempted to establish communications on the GMLAN circuits more than 3 times.

ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTCS SETS

The module suspends all message transmission.
The module uses default values for all parameters received on the serial data circuits.
The module inhibits the setting of all other communication DTCs.
CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE DTC

A current DTC clears when the malfunction is no longer present.
A history DTC clears when the module ignition cycle counter reaches the reset threshold of 50, without a repeat of the malfunction.
DIAGNOSTIC AIDS

An intermittent condition is likely to be caused by a short on the high speed GMLAN serial data circuits.
This DTC cannot be retrieved with a current status. Diagnosis is accomplished using the symptom Scan Tool Does Not Communicate with High Speed GMLAN Device to.
Refer to Data Link References for the specific modules using high speed GMLAN serial data. See: Powertrain Management Computers and Control Systems Information Bus Testing and Inspection Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview Data Link References

this is more complicated than just giving a suggestion. Suggest taking it to a shop and let them at least determine the failure for you,

Donss396

February, 17, 2013 AT 8:02 PM

Could it be a clock spring in the steering column?

Donss396

February, 17, 2013 AT 8:18 PM

I don't mean to be rude, but that is your expert opinion? Take it to a shop? Lol