1999 Chevy Tahoe Rough Idle and Lurching

LTTLPRNCSSDIDI
  • 1999 CHEVROLET TAHOE
I was coming off a bridge and when I fully stopped, the truck started lurching violently forward and even a bit of side-to-side. The "check engine" light flashed rapidly on and off before it stalled. I was able to restart it, the "check engine" light steady this time.

Whenever I'm idling at ~500 RPMs, the truck starts lurching again; above 1500 RPMs, it's as if there's no problem at all.

Oil pressure is fine, the battery is new, the engine isn't overheating, and there's no smell from under the hood. My computer is telling me the #4 cylinder is in need of maitenance, but a compression test is showing me it's not a broken valve. The spark plugs have been replaced, so I'm wondering what else it might be. Someone recommended it might be a "spider injector" problem. If this is the case, what kind of expense am I looking at to replace it? Is this even a valid diagnosis?
Sunday, November 15th, 2009 AT 4:50 PM

MATHIASO

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/46384_firing_order_2.jpg

On the ignition coil, switch #3 to # 4 and # 4 to # 3.
tell me where the misfire is now?
Sunday, November 15th, 2009 AT 5:32 PM
LTTLPRNCSSDIDI
The misfire is still occuring between cylinders 6 & 2 (ie, the new #3 and the old #4).
-1
Sunday, November 15th, 2009 AT 5:55 PM
MATHIASO
What is the original codes for the misfire.
I thought it was #4 only.
Do you have random misfire?
Sunday, November 15th, 2009 AT 6:54 PM