Problems with a 2000 Suburban

EPYON2K1
  • 2000 CHEVROLET TAHOE
I have a 2000 chevy sub, idles rough and when I step on the gas it staggers, and power is lacking. Catalitic? I hear no air leaks. But I do hear a tzt sound in the radio like the old points distributer when the rubber insulation has worn off.I also have an oil pan leak. How difficult is it to repair? I appreciate all the help.
Monday, January 15th, 2007 AT 11:44 PM

KIN CHAN
Okay man. Thisis gonna needa lot more info than u post to pin point ur problem.1st. I need to know what size engine so I know what system I am dealing with. Driveability and engine performance is my specialty. Nissan, toyota, ford chevy. Etc. Make little differences. We pretty much do diagnostic on all cars that is common 70% of our repair.U have to answer my question and email me so I can follow up.

- did chk engine lite ever came on during this issue
- did any1 scan all codes.I mean from OBD2 to factory codes even no chk engine lites appear
- whats the fuel consumption mileage?
- any work has been done mechanical or body & paint?
- does the problem happen all the time? Cold start till it warm up?
I don'tthink any mechanic can provide u any definitive usable answer only the generic maybe this maybe that or basic driveability variable lectures whichis good but not practical enuff to solve ur problem.
Overall driveability & emission is the highest level of mechanic or todays title as technician. My goal is to test out and sharpenup my diagnostic skill but really pin point the problem.U need some1 who know how to read scanners, use oscilliscope, 5 gas analysis lotsof experience and update training. We'll try. But promise me to tell me the end of the result.
Deal?
Saturday, February 17th, 2007 AT 9:50 PM