Turn signal not working

JOHN FULLER
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My left turn signal works properly. When I use my right turn signal, it appears that my flashers come on or all 4 corners flash as well as my inside indicators. I have replaced the turn signal switch. Any ideas as to the problem or fix?
Wednesday, October 21st, 2009 AT 10:15 AM

It sounds like the flasher module has gone out but to be sure here is the blinker wiring diagrams and a guide to help check the power and ground circuits with the location of the flasher module below.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
+1
Wednesday, October 21st, 2009 AT 3:12 PM
BROWNN
Thanks for this post I had this problem and had to get a new flasher module cost me $53.00 I love this site.
Tuesday, March 12th, 2019 AT 11:55 AM
TREMBLAY
  • 2004 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have a factory round trailer plug and have no turn signals coming from the plug. I have checked all fuses in the cab and under the hood.I also checked for power at the wires in back of the plug, no power there. I have parking lights and not sure about brake lights. What else can I check? It's a 2004 Silverado 2500HD with a 6.0L gas.
Tuesday, March 12th, 2019 AT 11:55 AM (Merged)
DRCRANKNWRENCH
I just wanted to provide you the wiring diagrams so you can check wires and make sure you got the correct fuses. The reason I say that is that the wiring layout for the triler lights on this truck are confusing and use there own circuit fuses as well as some of the trucks light system fuses.
The first diagram shows the, "STUD #!" Fuse which is a 40 Amp fuse. The second diagram is harder to follow wires, 1 to the Trailer fuse 15 Amp, wire7 to Left Trailer turn signal fuse 10 Amp, Wire 8 to right Trilaer Turn signal fuse 10 Amp and wire 11 to the under hood fuse/relay box to the Left turn signal 10 Amp.
Then back in the cab at the Light control box in the fuse box under dash, there is a main fuse for the Flash Unit that is 25 Amps.

Otherwise follow turn signal wires for coninutiy with a multi-meter up to the fuse box and check the connector and terminals at the fuse box.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Check the turn signal flasher module in Left I/P fuse block on lower left side of dash
Check and test the trun signal module
-1
Check and test the turn signal module
Check and test the turn signal flasher module
JD BROWN
  • 2002 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
2002 Chevy Silverrado 1500--The right front blinker does not work, new bulb and the fuse r f turn is good
QUAGMIRE86
Well, if you are getting an electical signal to the right rear, then the circuit from the relay would be good. I would check to ensure that the bulb that you have in the socket (right front) is the correct bulb for the application. If the bulb is the correct one for the socket, I would take an emery file (fingernail file) and clean the contact points on the socket contact points. Also, make sure that the ground and or positive wires for the right front signal is getting power.
CADY
  • 2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
2000 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 125xxx miles

i have a 2000 chevy 1500 silverado with a little more then 125000 on it. My dash seems to become a christmas tree in the fact that the lights come on and go off and come on agian and then maby go off. Sometimes they stay on for a while. Here is what happens and what comes on.
The abs light will come on, and then the parking break light will come on. And when they come on the blinkers wont work. Along with the blinkers not working they will come on and then go dim. Seems to go along with the rev of the engine. And when all this is happening alot of times, not always, the odometer will shut off, then come back on. It dont reset or anything. It just does not show. The fuel gauge will drop then go back, and the battery light will come on. When all of this happends at once sometimes the engine will bog down. And when that happends the speedo and the tac will drop along with all the other gauges. HELP ME PLEASE!

USER NOTES: The problem you are having is a ignition wiring harness that's gone bad, mine did the same, I put in a new wiring harness and it fixed everything
Tuesday, March 12th, 2019 AT 11:56 AM (Merged)
DHD
I dont know about engine power problem but dash problem maybe dash Belive it or not it is grounded behind the right head! Grab the small harness going down the firewall behind the head and pull. If you find them broken ground them some were else on the engine.
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Left rear amber signal light stopped working. Changed bulb with right bulb that has been working fine. Flashers work front only.
After trouble shooting wires, there is power to sockets, but now the right side has decided not to work also.
ASEMASTER6371
The socket grounds may be the issue. Clean the contacts real well.

ANSLOAN7
  • 2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My 2000 silverado's back driver side turn signal does not work, and I tried replacing the bulb, and checked the fuses they were all good, and I was wondering what else I should check
Hello, does the driver side front turn signal work? If it does, check the bulb socket at the rear for B+ and ground. I believe the voltage wire is lite blue and the ground is usually black. Use a testlite, key on, turn signal activated.