Brake line routing

RJVRIES
  • 2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

V8 four wheel drive automatic 94,000 miles.

while replacing a rotted brake line from master cylinder to ABS module all of the front lines disintegrated above frame. I cannot tell which line ran to which port. I need to know brake line routing for the four brake lines from front of vehicle to ABS module. Fifth line to rear is no problem, (upper right, if looking from front of module) as it is already replaced. Thanks for any information.
Rick

Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008 AT 7:05 AM

JACK42

I cannot find any diagrams of that for you in my software. Are two out of the four different in size? Maybe try looking at another truck like yours.

Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008 AT 7:46 AM
MUDDRUM

Hi rjvries,

I have to replace my brake lines from the front of the ABS unit because they have rusted where they leak. I was told by a repair shop they wanted $95.00/hour to do this. I am a instrument repair guy and have bent miles of copper, ss, steel impulse lines. So I bought the tubing $30.00, tools $150.00, fittings $20.00 and I am ready to kink some tube! I will draw a diagram of what the routing is and post it. I am spreading this job over two weeks. Remember good work takes time.

+2
Sunday, October 12th, 2008 AT 6:21 PM
KAYAK11

I also had to replace the front brake lines because one failed and the others were ready to fail.
I made a sketch of the junction block on the drivers side near mid vehicle.

Looking from vehicle front to rear, here is the layout:
There are three connections along the top. From left to right, the connections are front left wheel, front right wheel, and the connector near left rear wheel that serves both rear wheels. The bottom two connections go to the master cylinder. The left connection goes to the rear master cylinder connection and the right connection goes to the front master cylinder connection.

Good luck, this is not a fun job.
Remember that the end flare connections to the vehicle must be double flares.

+12
Saturday, November 28th, 2009 AT 4:38 PM
STEVENC819

To kayak11, thank you very much for the posting. I had to do the same job and it helped in the end. For those of you doing this job. Do not use steel line, if possible use copper or have custom stainless steel lines done. Also, plan on raising the cab off the frame by 1 1/2 inches on the left. Also raise the bed three inches as well. This will make it easier to route the lines by the frame. The stainless steel lines were custom bent and little difficult to run but in the end it is well worth it. Have fun!

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 1:41 PM
CADIEMAN

Too much hassle just go to the dealer and buy the lines you need. They can give you a diagram and it shows you where it hooks up. If it was one line I would try and fix it but not the whole system. Maybe at a salvage yard. Never use copper tubing.

+1
Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 AT 9:03 PM