S10 HEADLIGHTS PROBLEM

2010 Chevrolet S-10

MC1815

September, 10, 2007 AT 7:46 PM

Hey I have a 1996 Chevy S10 pickup 4.3L V6 AT 190000km and I have been having troubles with my headlights. After awhile of driving at night my headlights will start clicking on and off to my DTR lights. The clicking noise is coming form within the glove compartment where the relays are so I replaced the headlight relay but that didn't fix the problem. I have also been searching for corroded wires and ground but I havn't had any luck yet. I was also thinking it could be the circuit breaker for the headlights, and I was just wondering where the location for that circuit breaker is or if that could even be the problem? Thanks

Fenderdent

December, 18, 2012 AT 1:22 AM

Replace your headlight switch! I had the same identical problem and the switch replacement cured it. It's not too hard to replace the switch, just remove the two screws ay the top of the instrument cluster (the rest of the plastic is held in by push clips) and carefully pull on the decorative plastic that holds the light switch and the perimeter that continues around the dash. When you proceed to pull the switch out of it's mount, be very, very careful not to break the plastic clips that hold it in. Look at everything very carefully and have patience. The switch is $20-$25 at your local parts store. The dealer will charge about $75 for the same switch.

Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon