2006 Chevy Monte Carlo just concerned

MONTECARLOLT06
  • 2006 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO
Hello my name is Sam I have a 2006 Chevy Monte Carlo LT 3.9L. I have a few questions. First: When my car is idleing it will shake not like violently but enough to notice most of the time. The RPM's don't really move just sumtimes and it just moves a hair do I have to be worried about this and what can I do to fix it? Second: When sitting at a red light car in drive and not moving I feel vibrations and notice no RPM movement what is this and what is the problem? Is all this causeing damage to the engine? The car is in great shape and new. Third: when stopped at a red light and car is not moving I take my foot off the brake and let the car roll alittle it shakes but no RPM movement at all I had asked someone and they said its because the engine is not getting gas but it seems to happen all the time just like that is it normal for my car or is it fixable? Thanks so much -Sam-
Thursday, October 1st, 2009 AT 6:40 AM

MATHIASO
Hello Sam, when last time you did tune up, things like changing spark plugs, spark plug wires.
Spark plugs wire when broken somewere make the car shake too.
Is there any engine light?
Is the car shaking when driving too? Or only when it stops? Only when idling?
The car is not dying when shaking, that is good news.
Start with basic to see if the car run smoothly.
If the car still shake, have them change the fuel filter.
Get those things done or if you have more questions, let me know.
Thursday, October 1st, 2009 AT 5:15 PM
MONTECARLOLT06
Thanks for replying to me so fast! I had a complete tune up when I got the car about 5-6 months ago it didn't need it just wanted to feel better so I had it done. No check engine light at all and it will only shake when idle. If your talking about the problem when I release the brake alitle and it shakes I was told its normal for this to happen cause of the weight of the car I don't know if I believe that. And when in drive and stopped I feel a vibration not realy a shake. It however does not shake or anything else wile driving, this is my first car so I'm worried about these issues. I will have to look into seeing if any wires are broken I had an issue with a faulty spark plug right after I had the tune up done it was replaced but during that period it caused the check engine light and massive shakes. Did that hurt my car and is all this fixable? Thank you very much!
Thursday, October 1st, 2009 AT 6:55 PM
MATHIASO
Yes it fixable, we just need to find where the problem is. Go back to the spark plug that was causing the shake in the pass. If spark plugs and cable are all fine, replace your fuel filter.
I have one more question: Is the car shaking in neutral or only in gear with brake applied?
Thursday, October 1st, 2009 AT 7:09 PM
MONTECARLOLT06
The car only shakes alittle in park and car is idle the car also shakes wile in drive and moving very slowly foward with foot not on the gas pedal. The vibration is only when in drive and stopped sorry for confusion
Thursday, October 1st, 2009 AT 7:18 PM
MATHIASO
Have the fuel filter changed, if the spark plugs and wires and fuel filter changed, and the shaking still there, have a garage perform a fuel volum test.
F
Thursday, October 1st, 2009 AT 7:27 PM
MONTECARLOLT06
Thank you for all your help! I will look into these things and get back to you I hope no damage was caused by any of this. Could it also be the air filter?
Friday, October 2nd, 2009 AT 12:51 AM
MATHIASO
Yes, change the air filter too, it allways good for your car.
Let me know what happens after you change all those, there is no damage, but it s good to narrow things down.
Friday, October 2nd, 2009 AT 4:32 AM
MONTECARLOLT06
Ok well it turns out this Car does not have a Fuel Filter its more like a screen inside the gas tank and doesnt need to be changed this quick or so I was told could be costly. Didnt change my air filter yet when I do next week it will be a k and n air filter. The tune up is good and nothing was off with it so thats not the problem. The guy I took it to told me it is a carbon build up in some little motor and to use super 93 gas and I did and it seems to be calming down alot the shake is still there alittle wile idleing and when u release your foot from the brake still shakes no rpm movement. So I dont know what it could be now?
Monday, October 12th, 2009 AT 7:31 PM
MONTECARLOLT06
Hello again I have tryed that super gas I think 93 it is but little to no change has been made I don't know if I still need to keep it up to see any improvement or what I had told you that the gas filter was in my gas tank so I didn't change it and the tune up was good. Do you have anymore suggestions I'm just worried that if it is carbon that its effecting my engine and hurting it and I deff. Don't want that so please if you can help it would be great help.
Sunday, October 25th, 2009 AT 9:26 AM