Low beams stopped working

WESTCOASTWAVES66
  • 2004 CHEVROLET IMPALA
I have an '04 Impala and the low beams stopped working. I have high beams, only when I hold down the dimmer switch. Also, when I use the remote entry to lock/unlock the car I only have reverse lights come on. Is the a relay somewhere or do I need to replace the dimmer switch? Please Help, I work nights and it's losing me $$$$$$$
Monday, July 21st, 2008 AT 10:46 AM

KEN

This problem sound like it is a headlight relay has gone out, here is a diagram (BELOW) and a guide to help you get the problem fixed. Also check the system fuses.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Please run some tests and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Cheers, Ken

Monday, May 22nd, 2017 AT 1:00 PM
JAMES A. LEU
  • 2004 CHEVROLET IMPALA
I Replaced the high beam bulbs in my car to plug it in and now the low beams are not working idk if I blew a fuse or what I cannot find the appropriate fuse for the low beams to see if it even needs replaced and to top it off I have work in the morning
Monday, May 22nd, 2017 AT 1:01 PM (Merged)
The headlight fuses are in teh underhood fuse box it should be marked on inside cover.
+2
ANGIE992
  • 2004 CHEVROLET IMPALA
2004 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have no day time runners or low beams.I replaced the dimmer switch and checked the fuses and still no lights. Please any advise would be much appreciated!
-1
Welcome to the forum, the quickest way, may be to have all trouble codes checked, manufacturer specific, everything. See if the codes point to anything? When you check a fuse, you also need to use a testlite, see if fuse circuit is hot. Even if the fuse is good, if there is no voltage, the circuit is dead.

On and off, bright and dim are controled on the headlamp ground circuit. There is a headlamp relay in the left instrument panel junction block. When the relay is energized, it completes the ground circuit for the headlamp. There is voltage to coil side of relay, not sure if that is battery voltage, didn't track the circuit, use a dmm. The BCM grounds the coil side of relay. The headlamp switch grounds a signal from the BCM, that is how the bcm knows the switch was turned on. Just speaking for myself, without a code or something to point us in the right direction, it's hunt and peck the wiring circuits.
LENNYSIMPSON
  • 2004 CHEVROLET IMPALA
2004 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 175000 miles

The bright lights work, however, the low beams do not. I have replaced the bulbs and checked all fuses to no avail. Any advice?
+3
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Check the headlamp relay, in left instrument panel junction block. If it's OK too then the headlight switch is probably faulty.
CHRISTINA JANE MANNING-PIERCE
2004 Chevy Impala no low beams. They worked hood got slammed not working now. Amb sensor replace, relay replaced, fuses, and bulbs. Still no low beams high beams if the multi switch is held. Need this fixed have had multiple people throw their hands up. On a rainy day a few weeks ago the turn singals didn't work. Could it be the multi switch? Tired of throwing money at it
+3
Friday, April 13th, 2018 AT 12:47 AM
KEN

There is a headlight relay and dimmer switch you can see form the wiring diagrams above.

Here is a guide that help help us go step by step until we have it fixed

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

and

Relay 19 and 20

Here is the relay location, check out the wiring diagram above lets see where you are loosing power. We can fix this ourselves.

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken
Friday, April 13th, 2018 AT 10:09 AM