HEADLIGHTS NOT WORKING ON A 2003 CHEVY IMPALA

• Scott Wuest
  • 2003 Chevrolet Impala
  • automatic

I replaced the daytime running light module and the headlight switch on my daughter's 2003 Chevy Impala and the headlights still don't work. What else should I try?

Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 10:41 PM

• Wrenchtech

You don't TRY things. You have to systematically follow a wiring diagram to find out where you're losing the signal. You also may need to have a professional scan tool to activate modules. This isn't the type of thing that you repair in your back yard. It requires some expensive equipment.

-1
Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 11:05 PM
  • JDL

Not trying to butt in, just a slow day. At the right headlamp assembly, check orange wire for voltage. Use a voltage tester, hot all the time. The pink wire and Dark blue wires are grounds. If there is much voltage on the ground circuit, there is a ground problem. Yes, I realize saying there is a faulty ground, throws a pretty wide loop. Use the headlamp switch, not automatic lamp control.

-1
Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 11:24 PM