2004 Chevy Impala Bloower motor not recieving power

OMINOUSTS
  • 2004 CHEVROLET IMPALA
2004 Chevy Impala 120000 miles

Blower motor on 2004 Impala stopped working, actually started smoking through vents. So I removed it and it was seized. I replaced the blower and it didnt work. Fuses are all working. Hooked voltmeter up to the blower wires and read zero volts, so I removed blower control module and checked voltage into it, which also read zero. The fuses for each show 12.7 V and 13.4 V respectively. Is there another part in between the fuses and module that im missing?
Friday, July 2nd, 2010 AT 6:09 PM

SATURNTECH9
Do you have auto climate control or manual a/c?Also what model impala do you have?Let me know and I will get you a wire diagram and trouble tree.
+1
Friday, July 2nd, 2010 AT 6:24 PM
OMINOUSTS
It has manual a/c and the model is 3.4 L engine, Base model. Will definitely donate if I get it working.
Friday, July 2nd, 2010 AT 6:36 PM
SATURNTECH9
I emailed you a trouble tree and wire diagram to your personal email. Please post all your question's and finding's on this posted question so other user's can help fix there car.
Friday, July 2nd, 2010 AT 7:11 PM
OMINOUSTS
I found an Open Line between the Battery Positive Voltage Circuit C to the Ground A (I also tried gound on car both where OL) on the 5 Pin blower motor control processor.

I'm assuming that this means when the original blower motor started to go bad drawing to many Amps it burned out the wires and they need to be replaced or do I have to do something else.
Friday, July 2nd, 2010 AT 8:55 PM
SATURNTECH9
Terminal c at the blower motor control processor should have power going to it. Terminal a at the blower motor control processor should have a connection to ground. You Need to check those two seperate put the black lead to chassis ground then put the meter on dc volt's and test the Terminal c at the blower motor control processor should have power going to it. Now with the black lead still grounded put the meter on low scale ohm's take the red lead and see if you have less then two ohm's at Terminal a at the blower motor control processor. Let me know what you find for each reading.
Friday, July 2nd, 2010 AT 10:56 PM
OMINOUSTS
Terminal A does have a connection to ground and I can read 1700 Ohms between A and B, but A to C is an open line. I can read a small voltage of 0.1 V between A and B.

A to Chassis ground has 1.6 Ohms between them. C to chassis ground is Open Line.

Sorry it took me so long to get back I've been on vacation and its been too hot to do any work.

I've tried following the wires to under the hood but couldnt find where they come out.
Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 9:16 PM
SATURNTECH9
If you have 1.6 ohm's to ground on terminal a to the blower motor processor then that's good. For terminal c to the blower motor processor we are looking for power not ground. So ground the black lead of the meter and put the meter on dc volt's setting 12 volt's or above scale and take the red lead and test for power to terminal c if you don't have battery voltage there then see if you have power to the hvac blower fuse in the under hood junction block.
Tuesday, July 13th, 2010 AT 12:16 PM
OMINOUSTS
I checked the blower motor fuse under the hood, (I had checked the fuses on the side of the car but not the ones under the hood) it was blown out of course.

So I went down and got a new 30 amp BUSS plugged it in and now the blower is running, but it is always running on high and never turning off even when the car is off. From the other posts I've read on here it seems like the blower control moduloe has gone bad too and needs to be replaced. Is that true?
Tuesday, July 13th, 2010 AT 6:46 PM
SATURNTECH9
At least the motor runs too bad it won't shut off.I emailed you the trouble tree for blower motor always on. Try to work around the part where it asks you to use a scan tool. Let me know what you find.
Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 AT 12:23 PM
OMINOUSTS
I worked through the trouble tree and ended up replacing the blower control module. I installed it and everything works fine. Thanks for all the help!
Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 AT 5:09 PM
SATURNTECH9
Glad to hear you got it all figured out. Thank you very much for your donation. Also thank you for using 2carpros.
Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 AT 5:19 PM