2001 Chevy Impala VIBRATE WHEN PUSHING GAS TO TURN LEFT

CHRISTBS
  • 2001 CHEVROLET IMPALA
MY CAR SHAKES AND VIBRATES WHEN I TURN LEFT AND PUSHING THE GAS I CHANGE BOTH AXLES AND HUBS AND IT STILL VIBRATES PUT NEW MOTOR AND TRANS MOUNTS AND NO HELP NEW RODS NEW TIRES HAD WHEEL WHEN ON HIGHWAY THE CAR WOULD SHAKE WHEN TURNING TO LEFT NOW IT SHAKES WHEN DRIVING THE FASTER I GO THE MORE IT SHAKE PLEASE HELP
Sunday, October 12th, 2008 AT 8:21 PM

PEAR69
Check the ball joints -- replace if necessary. Check the strut/coil spring. Check the control arm bushings.
Sunday, October 12th, 2008 AT 9:56 PM
JAMES W.
I need to ask a few questions to help narrow your problen down.
1-do you feel the vibration steering or the seat, or both?
2-Did you change the hubs, drive axles, motor and trans mounts, "new rods" i'm assuming you mean tie rod ends and tires AFTER this problem started? (If there is any item on the above list you "didn't" change, let me know.)
3-Is the vibration on acceleration, deceleration or both? If both, is it worse on one than the other?
Sunday, October 12th, 2008 AT 10:14 PM
CHRISTBS
1. I feel the vibration on the gas padel and seats 2. Yes I change both hubs and drive axle motor and trans mounts ball joints are fine and I change control arm bushings 3. The vibration is on acceleration only
Monday, October 13th, 2008 AT 8:43 AM
JAMES W.
We might be looking in the wrong direction here. Any front end problem, wether it be tires, bushings, axle joints etc, you should feel in the steering wheel. Is it "possible" that what we are calling a "vibration" is actually an engine misfire situation? You have apparently checked or changed everything in the frontend that would cause a vibration. Please advise.
+1
Monday, October 13th, 2008 AT 11:43 AM
CHRISTBS
The car vibrates at 15 mph going stright now I do feel it in the steering wheel
+1
Monday, October 13th, 2008 AT 7:15 PM
PEAR69
If the engine misfires there will be a code set in the computer and the check engine light will be on or blinking---Is the check engine light on?
You may have a broken steel belt inside of one of your tires. Sometimes this is hard to see -- rotate your tires and see if the vibration goes to the rear. Even brand new tires could have a broken steel belt.
Monday, October 13th, 2008 AT 8:18 PM
JAMES W.
At this point, I have to agree with pear69. It really sounds like a tire problem. As he said, I would try roatating front to rear and see if the problem follows.
-1
Tuesday, October 14th, 2008 AT 9:18 AM