2006 Chevy Equinox overheat/heater blowing cold air

LORI1970
  • 2006 CHEVROLET EQUINOX
When my car is sitting still running (stop light ) my temp gauge is going up and the heater starts blowing cold air. When I start driving again the temp gauge goes down and the heater starts blowing warm air again.
Wednesday, March 17th, 2010 AT 12:45 PM

LEGITIMATE007
First make sure your coolant is full to where it needs to be, you also may need you water pump replaced, but before doing so, check the drive belt, it could be slipping thus not giving the necessary rpms to get the coolant circulating
Wednesday, March 17th, 2010 AT 2:06 PM
LORI1970
I have checked the coolant and changed the thermostat, still doing the same thing. I have givin up and am taking it to a mechanic and having them take care of the problem.
-1
Wednesday, March 17th, 2010 AT 2:15 PM
JEFF 4
I had similar problem with 2006 equinox temp goes up and down blow hot and cold never overheated got kinda high as far as adding coolant don't go by what the owners manual says for adding cause it doesn't always work I got coolant to the correct level and stays were it's suppose to and blows warm when the heater is used all the time.
Sunday, April 15th, 2018 AT 6:05 PM
M_H_RITZEL
Check the hoses going to the heater, one should be hot and the other warm. If ne is warm and trhe other cold the heater core may be clogged, and need to be back flushed.
Tuesday, April 17th, 2018 AT 11:37 AM