DOA

Chevrolet Corsica

cliff3

July, 10, 2007 AT 11:37 AM

I have a 1994 Corsica, 3.1 V6, 104,000miles, automatic. The car is completely dead. I was having a problem with the car starting and then just shutting off. I put in a new battery and still had the problem. I would jump start the car, let it run and it would die when I tried to move it. I tightened the cables again and the problem came back! Yesterday I went out and there was nothing. No dome lights, radio or anything. I tried to jump start it but nothing happened. There is absolutely no power in the car. Battery and cables are good. Someone mentioned the ignition switch, would that cause this? Thanks.

legitimate007

April, 28, 2010 AT 12:00 PM

You have a bad connection, somewhere between the battery and alternator and starter, some corrosion or something, ignition isnt a possibility because you would still have some kind of power, like interior lights or at least dull headlights, unless there is a parasitic drain that completely depletes all of the juice in the battery, but it would take a jump. So its got to be a connection, I am gonna give you some info on how to easily check for a parasitic drain, it will come in handy sooner or later.

Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide