TO DRIVE OR NOR TO DRIVE?

Chevrolet Blazer

Ex-zombie

October, 1, 2007 AT 1:31 PM

My 1996 Chevy Blazer s10's brake light came on this morning and the brakes felt mushy. I had brake fluid put in and later noticed a leak on the inside right rear tire. I took it to a mechanic who said it was a broken wheel cylinder. He (at the Chevy dealership) cannot get me in to have it fixed until October 9. He said it was safe to drive as the other three wheels would stop the vehicle. Is it really safe to drive?

Service Writer

October, 1, 2007 AT 1:54 PM

No it's not. Find an independent shop that really cares about your saftey, and not your money. Do both wheel cylinders when you do it, so often the other lets go in close proximity ro the frst failure. IF you are lucky the shoes won't be contaminated with brake fluid, letting it go may force you to replace them. When the Master cylinder goes low, you risk damaging the mastercylinder and getting into more expense. Or profit for the dealer.

Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement