Wont start & no codes!

BIRDMOMMA
  • 2000 CHEVROLET BLAZER
I have a 2000 Blazer 4.3 Liter Vortex. It was running great, then for no reason and with no lights coming on and no strange noises it just shut off and we haven't been able to start it since, unless we put fuel in the throttle body, then it will start and run for just a sec until the gas burns out. We have changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, camshaft positioning sensor, distributor cap & rotor and still it won't start. We scanned it and there are no codes coming up. Please help, I can't afford to put it in the shop and I hate to just keep wasting money on parts we don't need !
Thanks,
Rachel
Thursday, May 6th, 2010 AT 1:37 PM

MERLIN2021
Did you check for power at the fuel pump? When you turn the key to on, the pump should run for 2-3 seconds, does it? If not, check fuses under the hood and in the cab, also check the fuel pump relay,

If you can hear the fuel pump run in the tank I would check for spark because it sounds like a crankshaft angle sensor has failed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-an-ignition-system

Please run down this guide and report back

Cheers
Friday, May 7th, 2010 AT 2:42 AM
BIRDMOMMA
We checked it again this morning and we did get a code this time. P1351, so I got a new ignition coil & ignition control module but these didn't change a thing either. Please help I am tired of running to the parts store! All fuses and relays have been tested and my new fuel pump is working great with 60-66 psi, but still wont start.
-1
Friday, May 7th, 2010 AT 1:35 PM
MERLIN2021
It still sounds like a crankshaft angle sensor here is a guide to help you see what you are in for when doing the job.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/crankshaft-angle-sensor-replacement

Friday, May 7th, 2010 AT 2:13 PM
BIRDMOMMA
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply to my 2000 Blazer problems. I hate to bother you but I wanted to let you know I replaced the crankshaft angle senor and the engine started right up.

I love this site.
Friday, May 7th, 2010 AT 8:47 PM
MERLIN2021
Nice work, we are here to help, please use 2CarPros anytime.

Cheers
Saturday, May 8th, 2010 AT 7:46 AM
BART2000
  • 2000 CHEVROLET BLAZER
2000 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

2000 Chevy Blazer, 4.3L, Shut down on the expressway. I've replaced the plugs, cap and rotor. Pressure tested the fuel pump and it registered 62lb pressure when I turn on the ignition 50lb while trying to start it. I have spark. Sprayed starting fluid and poured gas straight in, still will not start. It just turns over. Battery is new also. Please help! Thank you! Bart.
Monday, April 9th, 2018 AT 2:20 PM (Merged)
RACEFAN966
So what all have you checked at this point? How old is the fuel filter? What color is the spark at the plugs? If you can unplug one of the plug wires from the plug and put a screw driver in the end and put it near metal ie: valve cover and let me know what color the spark is. Get back to me and we will go from there.

Check out this guide

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

BART2000
I don't know how old the fuel filter is. The spark is blue.
RACEFAN966
Well if spark is blue and you have fuel then this thing should run. Now does it sputter at all like it wants to start? I would replace the fuel filter for maintance reason's not saying it will fix your no start. So what we need to know is weather or not the injectors are opening. Is the check engine light on? Can you get a scan for codes? Do you have or can you get an injector noid light? If your injectors do not get the signal to open then you have no fuel in the cylinder and therefore no start. Get back to me and we will go from there.
BART2000
Thank you for getting back to me. I do not have any of the tools you asked about but I will try to locate them. The truck doesen't even sound like it wants to start. No sputter or backfire. I plan to replace the fuel filter, but like you, I tend to believe the problem lies somewhere else. The check engine light is on but isn't it on at start up anyway and goes out when it starts, unless there is a problem. Is there a way to extract the codes, if so, let me know and I will get them. I know on some cars you turn the ignition switch on and aff a few times and count the flashes of one of the lights on the dash, but I dont know how to do that on this particulat vehicle. As for the injectors, I poured fuel and starter fluid directly in the carb, shouldn't I have gotten some sign of wanting to start? I will ask around about the injector tester light and see if I can borrow one. Thanks! Bart.
RACEFAN966
Ok the only way to see if there is any codes is with a scanner sorry. As for the noid or injector test light if you get one get back to me and we will go through the test to see if the injectors are opening. You are sure you have spark right? Thanks
DPOWELL48
  • 2000 CHEVROLET BLAZER
I have fuel in tank and the engine turns but will not start. What should I check to find the problem?
Hi:

Here is a guide to confirm the pump failure.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator

Cheers, Joe
BART2000
I am sure about the spark. I checked one plug wire on each side, screwdriver in the boot and held the screwdriver close to whatever metal I could reach on each side and turned it over and I got spark. Should I pull a plug and check for spark at the plug? The plugs are new. I'll be glad to check again. I started out with a full head of hair, I'm down to just a few strands now.
DBCUSTODIO
Joe,
I am having the same issue. The truck turns over but wont start. Been driving the truck with no problems and then all of a sudden the thing wont start.

It turns over and seems like it wants to go but it wont. Could this be a distributor problem?
RACEFAN966
Well with that said you must not be getting fuel to the cylinder. So if you would pull one or two of the easiest plugs and just make sure they are dry and not wet if you would. Do you smell gas at all when you crank it over? Have been able to get a noid light to make sure the injectors are getting the signal to open? Get back to me with what you find.
The distributor can cause a no start, but so can other things. Have you checked for spark and fuel? If not, do so and let me know what you find.

Here is a guide to show you what you are in for when changing the fuel pump

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-an-electric-fuel-pump

KIMBERLYLIES
  • 2000 CHEVROLET BLAZER
My car gave out of gas and was hard to start but it did. The next day it started but started running bad and cutting off. I got the spark plug wires changed and the fuel filter changed but it will not start it turns over but it will not start. I sprayed starting fuel in it and starts but then goes off. I had a fuel pump put in it about 18 months ago.
LESLIE COX
  • 2000 CHEVROLET BLAZER
A friend of mine has a 2000 Chev Blazre with a 4.3 v6 eng. It will not start at anything below 20-25 degrees, it turns over fine but will not start, there is no spark at anything below 20 to 25 degrees. Below is a list of things that has been done to it;

Replaced
Spark plugs
Wires
Cap
Rotor
Ing coil
Fuel pump
Control module
Crank sensor

On the advice of the GM teck line a shim was installed under the crank sensor, they also said when it was warm enough for the unit to start remove the computer put it in a freezer for several hours, when I reinstalled it started fine, they also said when it was cold enough that it would not start to put a heat lamp in the computer, this I did, no start
I have taken this unit to 1 of the best diagnostic technicians in the area. He is the one that talked with GM tecks. My friend has over a $1000.00 in trying to fix the prob. Any ideas? PLEASE
Thank You
Leslie Cox
Lescox211@comcast. Net
RACEFAN966
Ok have you checked the coolant temp sensor? If you have digital multi meter I need you to check the sensor for restistance. So unplug the sensor it will be two wire sensor on the intake manifold just behind the thermostat housing. Now do this when the truck is cold and ohm across the sensor (not the wire harness) and give the ohms and the temp at the time of the test. After that I would like you to unplug the mass air flow unit and see if it will start and run for any time at all. Get back to me with what you find.