CHEVY WIRING

1998 Chevrolet Blazer

lonestar83usmc

October, 14, 2010 AT 10:22 AM

1998 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

I have a 4.3L. I need a new set of wires that goes from the computer runs along the fire wall (above the wiper motor) to the power center and also goes to the wiper motor, horn, blower motor etc. I have been trying to look online for the name of it since I need a new one, but its hard to search for it when I dont know the name of it lol

I am having problems with my wipers because they only go in 1 speed. I have replaced the turn signal switch and I have also put in a new ac delco wiper motor.

Wrenchtech

October, 14, 2010 AT 11:20 AM

I'm afraid your not going to find anything like that. That wiring is part of the entire wiring harness that has to be replaced all as one unit and you will only get it in the dealer.

lonestar83usmc

October, 14, 2010 AT 11:43 AM

Thanks. Do you know the name of all those wires, so I know what to tell them at the dealership?

Wrenchtech

October, 14, 2010 AT 11:46 AM

Just ask for the engine compartment wiring harness that includes the wiper wiring and they will determine what it consists of.

lonestar83usmc

October, 14, 2010 AT 11:54 AM

Just called and they are discontinued. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Wrenchtech

October, 14, 2010 AT 11:59 AM

There are companies that repair harnesses but you would have to remove and ship it.

Here is one of them

http://www.wireharnessrepair.com/

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro