FUEL PUMP'S GOOD. NO REGULATOR?

Chevrolet Astro

thirdwheel

May, 17, 2007 AT 1:33 AM

1993 Chevy Astro AWD. The fuel pump has tons of pressure, but it's still not getting any gas into the cyclinders. The manual says that this particular model doesn't have a puel pressure regulator.

There was another thread that sounded like my problem(the fix was a fuel pressure regulator), but according to the manual, it doesn't have a regulator. Pretty confused on what to do.

I checked the fuses, and there seems to be no fuse for the fuel system.

I hope that someone can help.

Service Writer

May, 18, 2007 AT 7:20 AM

If the pump is providing pressure(and is in spec). Then it's getting power. IF it is vin Z, the regulator is alongside the throttlebody. Part # 17112907

thirdwheel

May, 18, 2007 AT 12:38 PM

Do you know where the regulator would be in a W vin? I've looked online for one, and there are a few parts stores that don't even supply a regulator for this model.

I sure hope that you can help

Service Writer

May, 18, 2007 AT 5:52 PM

It has one. You'll need to call the dealer most likely. Wish I would have known it was the other motor before.

ichiban

May, 29, 2007 AT 1:44 PM

The pressure regulator in the 'w' vin engine is connected to the injector spider assembly which is located in the planum. This is the large aluminum intake manifold just after the trottle body intake. You will have to remove this piece and take a look inside. You should not have to replace the whole injector assembly, you can just replace the regulator which looks a small tin cup on the end of the injector assembly. Tear down is about an hour, you will need a new gasket as well.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe