CHEVY FUEL GAGE/PUMP/TANK PROBLEMS

1999 Chevrolet Astro

eaglevl

April, 15, 2008 AT 11:53 PM

1999 Chevy Astro 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

I just bought this chevy astro cargo van. The fuel gauge doesn't work and I was told that the sensor is the problem. I tried to put gas in the tank for the 1st time and the pump acted like the tank is full. Does this make any sense? Could the sensor be blocking the gas going into the tank?

Service Writer

April, 16, 2008 AT 8:05 AM

Typically the gauge not working falls into the sending unit or a wiring such as a bad ground problem, but could be the gauge (cluster) itself or the VCM. Need to know if it is always full or always empty. Are you going to troubleshoot this?

There is no vent hose for the filler neck. Are there any codes in the pcm? The Evap is based on vacuum not pressure. But the purge solenoid may be closed, not allowing vapor flow. I wouldn't think the pressure sensor should affect anything as it is only reading the pressure unless it is mis-reading and causing the computer to shut down the purge solenoid.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Filter Change