There is an idle ir control on top of the motor that was a very common failure for this exact issue. I attached pictures and procedure for you to view. It is a very easy repair.
1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
NOTE: When the battery has been disconnected or reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) relearns its adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 16 km (10 miles) or more to relearn the strategy.
2. Disconnect the engine control sensor wiring from the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve at the IAC valve electrical connector.
3. Remove the two IAC valve retaining bolts.
4. Remove the IAC valve and gasket.
1. Clean IAC valve gasket mating surfaces.
NOTE: If scraping is necessary, be careful not to damage IAC valve gasket surface or drop material into intake manifold or throttle body (depending upon application).
2. Follow removal procedure in reverse order.
3. Tighten the IAC valve retaining bolts to 8-12 Nm (71-106 lb-in).
Thursday, July 25th, 2019 AT 8:45 AM