Prior to this: Noticed in last few days, the car sporadically would not start. Unless I pumped throttle a couple times while starting it up. This was sporadic though, maybe once per day/every two days. Was suspecting possible fuel pump issue.
Also, know there is a cooling system issue. Needs a flush. There was some steam present when the incident occured. But, don't believe this is a symptom of the current problem -- but thought I would mention it.
Here is what I have done/checked.
- No water in oil. Oil is good (Oil and filter 1 mo old)
- Changed Fuel Filter thinking possible clog (needed it)
- When turning car on (before it cranks), can hear fuel pump engage, faintly, but I hear it.
- battery good, connections good.
- Fuel Pump Fuse OK.
- Like an idiot I forgot to depressurize the fuel system before I removed the fuel line coming into the fuel filter, and got a fuel shower. This came out with a bunch of force, so I am assuming the fuel pump IS actually working.
I really need some help trying to find which direction to go in. Am I on the right track checking fuel related issues?
have the same problem?
Wednesday, May 5th, 2010 AT 10:52 AM