Cannot drive it shuts down

SHANE12345
  • 2003 FORD EXPEDITION
Speedometer reads way too fast. Sets code 1270. Unhooked harness on transverse case still shows speed way off. What is making speedometer way off? Scan tool shows speed way off too.
Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 9:25 AM

If you got stuck in mud/ice, snow and wheels spun that is what sent this code. Reset the PCM or erase codes, auto parts can do this if you do not have a scanner. Then see if it is okay then. If not it may be a bad speed sensor.
Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 9:46 AM
SHANE12345
Have cleared all codes truck came in would not move installed used transmission truck moves shifts twelve no three then shuts down.
Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 9:50 AM
What does shifts twelve no three mean?
Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 12:02 PM
SHANE12345
Has first and second gear no third.
Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 12:07 PM
Sounds like it is in limp mode. Are there no other codes? If not then check harness for full engagement and maybe put some dielectric compound on it for better contact. Also, I am assuming you have checked fuses under hood and have good connection at output speed sensor. It may be a transmission problem like a valve body.
Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 1:05 PM
SHANE12345
No codes but the 1270. All fuses good. Checked all connections. If the vehicle speed sensor is in the transverse case like I understand I unhooked it speedometer still works but still way off. Why I do not know?
Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 1:12 PM
Well it is off from the wheel spinning at one point try erasing the code if you have not already and see if it cures it. That is the only thing I can think of at the moment. What has happened is the speedometer has come out of calibration. The transmission thing may be a bad transmission as it is used.
Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 3:20 PM