HEATED SEAT NOT WORKING

2000 Cadillac STS

IL Chris

December, 13, 2008 AT 10:38 AM

Heater problem
2000 Cadillac STS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2000 Cadillac Seville STS. I am having issues with the drivers seat not heating. The other 3 heated seats work fine. When I depress the switch in the console, the switch will illuminate either 'HI" or " LO". So I still have power to the switch. Does anyone know if that switch feeds a relay that may be bad or does it run directly to the seat? I will add that I have checked all of the fuses that I can locate and they all look fine and all of the other seat functions work as they should. Any other ideas on where I should search for the problem?

James W.

December, 13, 2008 AT 1:33 PM

You will find a control module under the driver's seat for the heat. You can test output to the seat heater with a test light or volt meter. You can check the heat grid itself with a ohmeter. Hope this helps.

IL Chris

December, 14, 2008 AT 8:39 AM

James, thanks for the quick reply. Assuming that there will be a bunch of wiring for all of the seat controls exiting the control module, would you happen to know the color of the wires for the seat heater?

James W.

December, 14, 2008 AT 12:47 PM

Do you have, or have access to, a fax #? If so, I can send you a couple of diagrams. I'm able to download to this site, but they are so compressed they're hard to read. Please advise.

IL Chris

December, 14, 2008 AT 1:24 PM

Unfortunately I do not have access to a fax. Can you attach the file to an email? I'll send you a PM with the email address if that works. Thanks for the help.

IL Chris

December, 14, 2008 AT 1:27 PM

Well, I guess as I don't have 10 posts, I can't send a PM. As a moderator, do you have access to my email address from when I registered?

James W.

December, 14, 2008 AT 3:36 PM

I don't have access to your personal Email address. Everything has to go through the system. I tried downloading the seat diagram to my test site, and it was barely legible.

IL Chris

December, 14, 2008 AT 10:22 PM

Post #5

IL Chris

December, 14, 2008 AT 10:23 PM

#6

IL Chris

December, 14, 2008 AT 10:23 PM

#7

IL Chris

December, 14, 2008 AT 10:24 PM

#8; only 2 more to go!

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro