2000 Cadillac STS Heated SEAT Not Working

IL CHRIS
  • 2000 CADILLAC STS

Heater problem
2000 Cadillac STS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2000 Cadillac Seville STS. I am having issues with the drivers seat not heating. The other 3 heated seats work fine. When I depress the switch in the console, the switch will illuminate either 'HI" or "LO". So I still have power to the switch. Does anyone know if that switch feeds a relay that may be bad or does it run directly to the seat? I will add that I have checked all of the fuses that I can locate and they all look fine and all of the other seat functions work as they should. Any other ideas on where I should search for the problem?

Saturday, December 13th, 2008 AT 10:38 AM

JAMES W.

You will find a control module under the driver's seat for the heat. You can test output to the seat heater with a test light or volt meter. You can check the heat grid itself with a ohmeter. Hope this helps.

Saturday, December 13th, 2008 AT 1:33 PM
IL CHRIS

James, thanks for the quick reply. Assuming that there will be a bunch of wiring for all of the seat controls exiting the control module, would you happen to know the color of the wires for the seat heater?

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 8:39 AM
JAMES W.

Do you have, or have access to, a fax #? If so, I can send you a couple of diagrams. I'm able to download to this site, but they are so compressed they're hard to read. Please advise.

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 12:47 PM
IL CHRIS

Unfortunately I do not have access to a fax. Can you attach the file to an email? I'll send you a PM with the email address if that works. Thanks for the help.

+1
Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 1:24 PM
IL CHRIS

Well, I guess as I don't have 10 posts, I can't send a PM. As a moderator, do you have access to my email address from when I registered?

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 1:27 PM
JAMES W.

I don't have access to your personal Email address. Everything has to go through the system. I tried downloading the seat diagram to my test site, and it was barely legible.

-1
Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 3:36 PM
IL CHRIS

Post #5

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 10:22 PM
IL CHRIS

#6

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 10:23 PM
IL CHRIS

#7

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 10:23 PM
IL CHRIS

#8; only 2 more to go!

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 10:24 PM
IL CHRIS

#9

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 10:24 PM
IL CHRIS

Okay, I should be able to send you a PM now.

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 10:24 PM
BBUCHLI

I am having the same exact problem as IL, Chris. I was wondering if there was a chance you could send me the same information to me as you did him with the diagram. The only difference is mine is a 1998 STS. Thanks Brock. Bbuchli@hotmail. Com

Sunday, December 28th, 2008 AT 10:21 AM
JAMES W.

'98-'00 diagrams are the same. It's on it's way to your email.

Sunday, December 28th, 2008 AT 10:51 AM
ANDY MAIN

I have the same drivers side seat heater problem on a 2000 Seville STS.
Could you please email me the info referred to above.

Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 AT 9:36 AM
FACTORYJACK

When you energize the seat heater, do you hear a relay click once, then click a second time shortly after. Typically what happens is a grid opens up, and the extra current turns on then turns off the module. There is a couple of fasteners at the front of the bottom cushion you can remove, and then lift the cushion. You can measure the resistance of the elements with this access. The seat back is a two wire connector. I think the wires are red, and black, and the connector body might be green. The seat cushion is a four wire connector that is black. The wire colors are red, black, and I believe gray. The resistance value should be less than 10 ohms on the element. The reason the cushion is four wire, is because there is the thermistor for regulating the temperature. The resistance of the thermistor will read in the (k)ohms range(thousand). None of which should read open. In the cushion, there are also thigh elements to consider, you would have to lift the rear portion of the leather cover to expose where it branches to these. Any one element can render the system inoperative. The connector for the lumbar in the seat back can look the same as the element connector, so tracing the wires to the heater module may help.

Thursday, February 19th, 2009 AT 9:34 PM
TOMMY KIMBRO

Most later model cars, have filters in the heating box, these filters are in under the dash, your book in the Glove box should show you where they are, when these filters stop up you will have no ''heat" or "defrosters"

Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015 AT 6:20 PM