2000 CADILLAC STS HEATED SEAT NOT WORKING

• IL Chris
  • 2000 CADILLAC STS

Heater problem
2000 Cadillac STS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2000 Cadillac Seville STS. I am having issues with the drivers seat not heating. The other 3 heated seats work fine. When I depress the switch in the console, the switch will illuminate either 'HI" or "LO". So I still have power to the switch. Does anyone know if that switch feeds a relay that may be bad or does it run directly to the seat? I will add that I have checked all of the fuses that I can locate and they all look fine and all of the other seat functions work as they should. Any other ideas on where I should search for the problem?

Saturday, December 13th, 2008 AT 10:38 AM

• James W.

You will find a control module under the driver's seat for the heat. You can test output to the seat heater with a test light or volt meter. You can check the heat grid itself with a ohmeter. Hope this helps.

Saturday, December 13th, 2008 AT 1:33 PM
  • IL Chris

James, thanks for the quick reply. Assuming that there will be a bunch of wiring for all of the seat controls exiting the control module, would you happen to know the color of the wires for the seat heater?

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 8:39 AM
  • James W.

Do you have, or have access to, a fax #? If so, I can send you a couple of diagrams. I'm able to download to this site, but they are so compressed they're hard to read. Please advise.

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 12:47 PM
  • IL Chris

Unfortunately I do not have access to a fax. Can you attach the file to an email? I'll send you a PM with the email address if that works. Thanks for the help.

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 1:24 PM
  • IL Chris

Well, I guess as I don't have 10 posts, I can't send a PM. As a moderator, do you have access to my email address from when I registered?

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 1:27 PM
  • James W.

I don't have access to your personal Email address. Everything has to go through the system. I tried downloading the seat diagram to my test site, and it was barely legible.

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 3:36 PM
  • IL Chris

Post #5

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 10:22 PM
  • IL Chris

#6

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 10:23 PM
  • IL Chris

#7

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 10:23 PM
  • IL Chris

#8; only 2 more to go!

Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 10:24 PM